OHIP APPROVAL FOR WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY IN DETROIT

redviking
on 8/24/14 9:41 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 07/22/14

Karen is right. Most of us, who had weight loss surgery paid for by OHIP went through the Ontario Bariatric Registry.  You can find information here http://www.ontariobariatricnetwork.ca/the-process.aspx.  My surgery was done in Guelph.  At our Orientation, there were several folks over 60.  We were told it that they could still have surgery, but there were more risks that needed to be considered. 

A referral to the Bariatric Registry will eliminate the need for you to find a doctor. The registry will do that for you. 

Good luck! I hope you get where you want to be. 

Referral: Nov 12   Sleep Study: Feb 13   Orientation: Feb 13  1st appt NSWD: May 13   2nd appt NSWD July 13  2nd Sleep Study: Dec 13   Post Op Nut: April 14 Meet Dr. Pereira-Hong: May 14  PATTS: July 8 14   Surgery: July 22 14

shirleigh
on 8/24/14 10:53 am

Thank you all so very much I now understand the process much better. I must have somehow signed in and started reading an old post when the patients were being directed to Detroit by Dr. Dent at the Weight Loss Management Clinic at the Civic Hospital. I am getting filled in by the Registry Link. It s very informative. Thank You. Shirleigh

Most Active