Just starting the whole process

Longoak
on 8/22/14 6:45 am

I've spent alot of time reading this site and many books on WLS.  I've spoken to my doctor and the referral is complete  - I've been referred to Dr. Grantcharov.  My first apt is in November so still time to read etc.

In Southern Ontario - what's the timing roughly from consult to phase 2?  Ultimately to surgery?  Seems about a year from what I can tell.

I'd love any words of advice from those of you who have started/finished your journey

Julz1974
on 8/22/14 8:38 am - Bowmanville, Canada

Hi there, I am new to here as well. I have done research, read, studied and finally got a referral put in from my Dr.  

I have not heard anything from anyone and my referral was done in June.  A little bit of wanting to get it done sooner then later has now seen me take the step to going to Montreal where I can get it done as soon as Sept 23.  Of course this is private and I have to pay but I am SO ready for it I am not sure I can handle waiting everything out for a year so I am truly considering it.

anyways, I am in the same boat as you with waiting and questions, welcome to the site and from the two days I have been on it, these people are fantastic and it has been a great help to me so best of luck with everything!

Hollynik
on 8/22/14 9:18 am - Canada

Julz, I'm pretty sure you will be through HRRH so give them a call to make sure they have your referral.  I called about 3 weeks after my doctor sent the form and they put me into an orientation class 2 days later.

mum2TNT
on 8/23/14 1:55 am - Oshawa, Canada

Welcome aboard!!! I am a newbie here too, and this board is awesome!  I was finally referred by my doctor May 29/14 and never heard a word for 11 weeks so I phoned HRRH and they got me in the following weeks orientation.  Now I wait for all the appointments to be booked.  I was told at orientation that we will all be called for our appts within 4-6 weeks.  Patience is a virtue LOL  Good Luck to you!!!

Chrissy  ~~~  doctor referral May 29/14; info session Aug 18/14surgeon appt Dr. Starr  Oct 15/14dietitian, social worker & nurse Dec 11/142nd appts dietitian, SW & nurse Jan 19/15;  Dr. Glazer Feb 25/15; 2 weeks OPTIFAST April 15/15; surgery date April 29/15    AGE: 48   HEIGHT: 5'6"  

softballqueen89
on 8/25/14 4:22 am - Canada
VSG on 02/24/15

I am just starting my journey as well.  My doctor referred me a while ago and I haven't heard anything.  I'm pretty sure I will be referred to Humber.  I am reading a lot about folks calling and getting their orientation quicker - does anyone know of the phone number to call?

Longoak
on 9/5/14 6:15 am

Thanks everyone!  My referral was quick ... Same day to be honest. I saw my doc that morning and he sent everything in to the doctor directly. I got a call that afternoon for my initial consult in November.  I did call to be added to a cancel list but nothing yet. 

What is HRRH?

Most Active