deleting my account

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/14 9:55 pm - Canada

I got some hate mail from some ladies here on this site so i am leaving. Too bad because i have been here awhile now. I guess they thought i was anti female or something. Well they can have this site to themselves. I reported them but that wont do anything. This site wont delete thier accounts or anything like that. Thats ok i am moving on.  To everyone who knows me or has talked to me, goodbye. I am still on facebook and twitter though. Talk to you there. 

Monica9811
on 8/21/14 10:10 pm - Peterborough, Canada

I'm sorry to hear that!  There are a lot of crazies out there who like to use the internet to be bullies. I am going to look for you on FB I think you are a friend of Shelley's. Good luck Scott. 

Poppios
on 8/21/14 11:13 pm
All of this because of sausage links... Oh my.
Karen M.
on 8/21/14 11:16 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Well, it must have been via private message as I didn't see anything hateful in the responses here on the board. If someone offends you, block them so you don't have further contact with them.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Jiliana2
on 8/21/14 11:44 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

Oh that's really a shame! Haters gonna hate. That shouldn't be your problem.

Block them. And carry on with the rest of us.

Wishing you well... whatever your decision might be. (I'll miss your input though! I have to say. 

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

Zizzler
on 8/22/14 2:51 am

So sorry to hear you got pm'ed by some mean ladies, I know it can be really hurtful when you reach out for help and get such a negative response.  Really hope you reconsider in the future - it is nice to have men on this forum instead of just the female point of view. Either way, I wish you all the best with your situation and in the future.

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Poppios
on 8/22/14 8:12 am
The bigger issue is why someone would take it upon themselves to be a White Knight and pm someone and try and pick a fight with them. You'd think have gone/going through WLS would probably have a person relate to the stresses already instead of adding to them.

Zizzler
on 8/22/14 8:33 am

It is too bad, I hope he reconsiders.

Karen M.
on 8/22/14 8:53 am - Mississauga, Canada

Or maybe the even bigger question is why he hasn't addressed this with his spouse as a husband who is feeling sad.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Pegasus_AM
on 8/23/14 2:41 am, edited 8/23/14 2:42 am

Maybe he was trying to reach out here for a way to talk to his spouse about this, without hurting her feelings the way his feelings were hurt but instead he seems to havevgotten negativity which he also seems to be dealing with at home. Again I will reiterate I thought we are supposed be a Support!!! group not a criticism and  shaming group. I do believe he asked the question is anybody else dealing with this???  Which suggesta to me that he was looking for advice on how to deal with this!!! 

Referral May 14th/14, HRRH Orientation Aug/18th/14, Surgeon (Dr.Starr) Appt Nov/28th/14, Clinic Nurse,Social Worker, Dietitian Dec/15th/14, Dr.Glazer Feb/5th/15, OptiFast Feb/16th/15, PATTS Feb/17th/15, Surgery March 2nd/15 HW 230, SW 202, CW 130

Most Active