Friday I meet my surgeon.

JElizabeth00
on 8/19/14 3:43 am - Brantford, Canada
RNY on 09/02/14

So this friday I meet my surgeon at TWH. I'm super excited and nervous. They told me to make sure I have money to order my Opti. I'm hoping that I only have to do a week or less on it though. I am on the smaller end of the scale I've noticed, But have other factors. I'm not sure what to expect but hoping to get a date as well Friday. here to hoping.

also I'm not really new here just made a new account as my old one was giving me issues. I use to be "lostforamin84" I'm very grateful for this community, I've found a load of information and so many caring people here.

Oh i do have a question when It comes to vitamins for the first month since I won't be able to get as much water in as I should, should I just get the Celebrate Chewable? or the ones that are protein shakes or the crystals you put into your water? What vitamins are you taking, and what brand? is it liquid or chewables? also do you take a multi PLUS any others? I'm just sort of lost on the vitamins front.

Thanks for reading =)

- J.Elizabeth.

Focal
on 8/19/14 6:20 am - Peterborough, Canada

For your opti it is typically 1 week for every 100 pounds.  If you are 200 its two weeks, three hundred 3 weeks etc. 

I have started to use opurity vitamins (both multi and vitamin c).  I ordered them off of there website.  They are chewable.  I also have some liquid vitamin c as well that I got at Costco.

Referral from Family Doctor - November 4/13  |  Orientation date for HRRH - January 9/14  |  1st meeting with surgeon - January 30/14  |  Dietician, Registered Nurse, Social Worker Appointments – Feburary 10/14 | Second Dietician - March 11/14 | Dr Glazer - March 20/14 | Sleep Test - March 24/14 | Sleep Test Results - April 15/14 | 2nd Surgeon Appointment - May 13/14 | PATTS - September 30/14 | Surgery Date - October 21/14

Karen M.
on 8/19/14 10:14 am - Mississauga, Canada

For a multi, if you're wanting chewables, I would just get some Centrum Silver which are available everywhere.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

caramilk016
on 8/19/14 10:36 am, edited 8/19/14 10:37 am - Mississauga , Canada
RNY on 10/22/14
caramilk016
on 8/19/14 10:42 am - Mississauga , Canada
RNY on 10/22/14

I just  met my surgeon last friday on the 15th at TWH. He likes to advise patients to be on optifast for a few weeks more than normally required. I was advised by the nurse that if you weigh between 300-400 lbs the surgeon would normally advise you to take 3 weeks... this one likes to assign more weeks. I ended up with 4 weeks. It was delivered today... 

As for vitamins, I was advised to stay away from Gummies because of the sugar content. You can also check out Bariatric advantage. Walmart has liquid calcium +Vitamin D., and chewable multivitamins 

JElizabeth00
on 8/19/14 11:07 am - Brantford, Canada
RNY on 09/02/14

Thank you, I'm hoping i'm only on it for one-two weeks we'll see. do you remember the surgeon you got? also did they give you the date right at that appointment?  and good advice with the gummies, I think i'll look into the chewable, I know I need vitamin D as they had me on it for a bit.

Karen M.
on 8/19/14 11:51 am - Mississauga, Canada

Be sure to get vitamin D3. Your body takes time and energy converting any D2 into D3 for absorption.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active