What are you eating/doing today? (Tuesday)

Karen M.
on 8/18/14 10:18 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Have a few errands to run today, Dr. appointment this afternoon, meeting friends for coffee in the late afternoon, late(er) dinner (I think Andrew is joining, not sure actually - guess I should call and find out lol). I'm enjoying the spoils of our all-day cooking day on Sunday (my fridge is FULL of good stuff already made) - it's almost harder because I can't decide which yummy thing to eat first!

8 years 5 months post-op

B - coffee with cream x 3 over the morning, source greek 50 vanilla, vanilla Premier protein shake

S - 1/2 crustless quiche (5"), garden tomato

L - other 1/2 of the quiche, garden tomato, 1/2 cup sweet kale salad

S - Chike protein iced coffee

S2 - coffee with cream, maybe a club soda with lime (please don't hate on me about the carbonation;))

D - 3 oz roast beef in a little gravy, 1/3 cup roasted sweet potato, garden salad with a little dressing

S - 2 BBQ chicken wings, 1 cracker with thin slice jalapeño Havarti, maybe a decaf with cream later

Here's a funny (to me) to brighten your day - tortilla chips are dangerous, especially after a bottle of wine! I am nacho friend!

Have a good one!

K.  

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

crqvingchange
on 8/18/14 11:15 pm

Good morning Karen.  You are so funny.  My fridge is full of leftovers from going out Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.  Today I am going to a matinee on my own, going to see The 100 foot journey with Helen Mirren.  I have to run some errands.  Tomorrow is a trip to Guelph to see my surgeon for the first time since surgery.  I hope he says I can start riding my bike.

4 weeks post-op

B. 1 large decaf coffee, cream of wheat leftovers with a little Coffeemate cream

S. 1 Greek yogurt cherry/cranberry

L. refried beans, habanero cheddar and low fat sour cream

S. The Good Bean Thai flavour - going to sneak these into the movie theatre

D.  leftover blackened catfish with 1/4 cup cheesy grits and 1/4 cup BBQ beans and a little remoulade

S. 1/4 cup protein icecream

Havew a great day

Karen M.
on 8/18/14 11:30 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Your menu looks great! Your lunch has given me an idea to try - nacho-less nachos! And thanks for contributing to my "I'm nacho friend!" theme. LOL

Karen

Onward and
Downward

on 8/18/14 11:24 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Sounds delicious, Karen! Enjoy! My fridge has some good ingredients in it but I was lazy on the weekend and didn't cook much at all. So I'm thinking maybe I'll do that tonight. I drove to work today so I'd have the energy to do stuff tonight after work. Yesterday I crashed after work and got nothing done.

Today: Nothing exciting, just work, then home and hopefully getting lots of housework done.

1 YEAR, 9 MONTHS POST-RNY

B - Egg and cheese sandwich

S - I have a banana and some cherries here, if I feel like it. I think I'll be too full from breakfast though.

L - Leftover tofu and okra curry that was in my freezer, on a bit of rice

S - Ricotta/vanilla/splenda mixed with 1/2 cup blueberries

D - Not sure yet - will figure it out tonight. I'll cook some sort of meat and potatoes thing I guess. (Less potatoes for me of course)

S - Not sure about this either. Something protein-y. Probably a glass of milk.

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Karen M.
on 8/18/14 11:37 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Looks good! I read an interesting article this morning about milk - did you know that (apparently) milk from Jersey cows (most milk in the grocery stores is from Holstein dairy cows) is higher in protein and calcium by 15+%? I didn't. There is a small dairy out of Creemore that supplies to Sobey's (apparently it comes in good-old-fashioned bottles) - I'm going to give it a try.

Karen

kellybelly333
on 8/19/14 12:08 am - Toronto, Canada

Morning. I go on vacation tomorrow night and I cannot wait. Ross and his kids are already out exploring Quebec (in Gaspe currently), and my kids and I are flying to Moncton tomorrow night. Then a few days camping at the Bay of Fundy, a couple nights in Halifax with Ross' brother, then to a cottage in PEI. One night in Quebec City on the way back. I'll be running in four provinces over the next week and a bit. 

How weird is it that i'm so looking forward to that? LOL

3.5 years post - RNY - marathon training - Yoga this morning, Hill training tonight

B: Banana and Quest Bar (on the GO!)

L: Chicken and veggies

S: ryvita and cheese

D: unknown....i'll be picking something up. Not making a mess in my kitchen. Too much to do!

Have a great day everyone!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Karen M.
on 8/19/14 12:19 am - Mississauga, Canada

Kelly, your vacation plans sound absolutely wonderful! Halifax is one of my very favourite cities in the world. Have a fabulous time with Ross and the kids! xo

Karen

kellybelly333
on 8/19/14 1:36 am - Toronto, Canada

I lived in Halifax back when I was 23 and freshly married. I loved it there, but was homesick, so I made us move back here. LOL. This will be the first time out east, and not visiting my ex's family. And staying only three streets away from where we lived!

I can't wait to run in Point Pleasant Park :-)

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Monica9811
on 8/19/14 12:46 am - Peterborough, Canada

Enjoy the Bay of Fundy Kelly!  My friends own a B&B right across the road called Innisfreebandb.  It is awesome.  They are pretty much booked all summer long.

Have a great vacation!

kellybelly333
on 8/19/14 1:37 am - Toronto, Canada

Great! I've never been there, so i'm looking forward to the crazy tides!

Most Active