How do you celebrate now?

NorthernFireWoman
on 8/18/14 1:03 am

Hi everybody,

I'm coming up on a great milestone in my weight loss journey - 50 pounds lost since I started Opti in late June (RNY in early July).  I've had a bit of a setback with a stricture that will be treated next week so I'm back on liquids for now.  Nevertheless, I'd like to do something to celebrate 50 pounds.  

Here's the thing - and I think many of you will relate - all of my celebrations have been centred around food pretty much my entire life.  A favourite restaurant, a favourite dish, etc.  

What are some non food centred celebrations that you enjoy?

Referral: Jun. 11/13;  Orientation: Jul. 24/13; SW/NP/Dietician: Nov. 2013.  Sleep test Dec. 2014.  Sleep apnea diagnosis Feb. 2014.  2nd sleep test Mar. 2014. Psychiatrist follow-up Mar. 2014. Approved by local centre Apr. 2014.  Sleep apnea follow-up May 2014. OTN apt with Dr. Sullivan Jun. 5/14.  Surgery July 7, 2014.

TES
on 8/18/14 1:48 am - Ottawa, Canada

Treat yourself with a mani-pedi, or an outfit, or a hair cut/style.  Pamper yourself - you SO deserve it!!!  Get your best girlfriends together and just have a wonderful, relaxing YOU day with laughing and pampering and fun.  :)

Congrats on the 50 lbs.  I'll find out my "big total" on Wednesday when I go see the NP.  :)

TES

Catw
on 8/18/14 1:50 am - Arnprior, Canada

I celebrate by buying a treat for myself. No, not food.  I would pick up a piece of clothing I wanted, or an item that I had deamed unjustifyable.  I never took the time, but you could always go for a mani or pedi!

Cathy

Most Active