My Inspiration Dress

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/14 2:07 pm, edited 8/14/14 2:15 pm - Toronto, Canada

When I moved to Toronto, I cleared out my entire closet and gave the majority of my clothes to my mother whom has had RNY aprox two years ago. She pretty much got an entire new wardrobe from me. You see, I am not sure if anyone can relate to me here, but I have always purchased clothes at many different sizes, squeezed into things, and or hoped that one day I would fit into something. So I would buy so much, beautiful clothes, and come home and look at it all hanging perfectly in my closet, yet never wear it. I really don't know why I didn't stop. I've always loved fashion, I have just never been able to wear the clothes I wanted, so instead I bought them, and set them aside.

My closet ranged from size 8 all the way to 20, but most of it being around a size 12-14. I would see a dress I absolutely loved, and even though it was clearly too small, I would think 'OH I'll just lose 20 lbs and squeeze into it... Anyway, when I moved, I felt no sadness in giving away all this new, beautiful clothes to my mother. I did however, allow myself one hamper of my absolute favourite pieces. Dream clothes' I guess you could call it. I put the hamper away, and never thought about it again. I did this not knowing at the time I would be going through the process of RNY in the future.

I pulled out that hamper tonight. I am so glad I kept what I loved, and now I look so forward to actually having some inspiration pieces! This is one I adore the most. I purchased it about two years ago in a size 10. I was abut a size 20 then. It has never been worn, or even tried on. It still has the tag attached. Anyway, it made me feel just a little more prepared to start the journey. Its such a pretty satin dress, with pea**** feathers around the body. One day I will wear it.

Nothing wrong with having a dress as inspiration! 

crqvingchange
on 8/14/14 10:12 pm

It is a beautiful inspiration dress, which you will rock.

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/14 12:02 am - Toronto, Canada

Thank you!! I look forward to that:) 

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/14 11:51 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

I think that is a good idea.  I had gone down to a size 14 then up again and then had surgery when I was at a size 18-20, but had lots of clothes in size 14.  I am amazed that at 4 months I fit into those size 14 items and used them as goals.  I am already down to a size 12 now, and I now purchased a few smaller items as goal dresses and find it motivating - like your gorgeous dress!!  It is a very good idea.

Kelly

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/14 12:04 am - Toronto, Canada

I think so too :) so glad I saved some of those clothes! Congrats to you on your size 12!! 

Patm
on 8/14/14 11:59 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

What a beautiful reminder of where you want to be. You will have to post when you fit into it

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/14 12:05 am - Toronto, Canada

Hope I'm that brave afterwards! Thanks Patm :) 

kristaeb
on 8/15/14 1:50 am

You will be shocked how much you transform Lynne.. Before surgery i hoped for around size 10 ..It has been just over a year since surgery and i am a size 4..I have gone far beyond i have ever expected...And healthy for the first time in MANY years..I am so excited for you, you will do great..Keep posting.I cant wait to see you in that dress.....Krits

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/14 5:53 am - Toronto, Canada

Can't even imagine being a size 4!!! Amazing job! You must feel like a whole new woman! 

jaxie77
on 8/15/14 1:48 am, edited 8/15/14 1:48 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Oooooooh I LOVE it !!!! You will rock that dress doll !! And when you get down to an 8 ....can you post this to me ???   Lol !! 

Jax xx

Most Active