4 more days until cheese!

redviking
on 8/14/14 2:28 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 07/22/14

I start regular foods (Phase 3 at guelph) next week and I can't wait. I'm getting awfully tired of soup and pudding and yogurt...Anyway, at Guelph, they suggest sticking to cheese 20% mf and below.  I love cheese, but i know all low fat cheeses are not equal.  What cheeses do you guys enjoy and recommend just for snacking but also for melting, I know that can be an issue with low fat cheeses. 

Referral: Nov 12   Sleep Study: Feb 13   Orientation: Feb 13  1st appt NSWD: May 13   2nd appt NSWD July 13  2nd Sleep Study: Dec 13   Post Op Nut: April 14 Meet Dr. Pereira-Hong: May 14  PATTS: July 8 14   Surgery: July 22 14

birdiegirl
on 8/14/14 4:41 am

I really dislike the flavor and texture of low fat cheese....I eat full fat and enjoy it when I eat it....if you like the low fat then great

Zizzler
on 8/14/14 5:04 am

I like black diamond light cheese, 18% mf - they have cheddar, white cheddar and skim mozzarella:  http://www.blackdiamond.ca/

Solstice
on 8/14/14 5:24 am
RNY on 11/27/14

Yep, ditto on the black diamond, surprisingly good.

Solstice

NewMe2.0
on 8/14/14 5:32 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

The nutritionist at Guelph recommended that I start out with laughing cow...which was real easy to tolerate.  I also enjoy the baby bell (light) as a snack by itself, and will put blue menu (zehrs) light shredded tex mex cheese melted on vegetarian chili etc.  for the added protein. 

Enjoy this next step of eating!

Vicky

• Referral:  Feb 2013/ Guelph  
  • RNY May 20th 2014 (Dr. Bhojani)                                                                         
  • 2nd RNY (revision due to marginal ulcers) Aug. 10th 2015 ( Dr. Bhojani)  
  • Revision to VSG (marginal ulcers): March 22nd 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)
  • Total Gastrectomy:  Dec. 15th 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/14 6:36 am - Toronto, Canada

I think its called allegro' and they have them in the regular grocery store, or at the low carb grocery. In different varieties as well, jalapeno ect. I am a HUGE cheese person (I am talking, it was normal for me, at one point, to have 7-10 different kinds of cheese in my fridge on a regular basis) so like the other poster mentioned, low fat cheese is never amazing, and I don't love any of it, but i have found this one to be the best option, it also melts well, and so thats what I will usually use it for. Never tried the black diamond though, maybe I should!

Most Active