Severe heartburn

Cookies-and-Cream
on 8/12/14 11:40 pm

2 weeks post-op. Was very thirsty and craved watermelon. Had a glass of watermelon juice in three sittings. Was fine during evening, woke up at night with severe heartburn that still didn't go away. Was that the sugar ? I had less than 200grams which should have amounted to 10-12 grams of sugar at the most

Catw
on 8/13/14 12:29 am - Arnprior, Canada

I don't think that it would be the sugar.  Are you on Prevacid?  Do you have troubles at any other time of day after eating?

If it happens more than once, talk to your clinic about it.  If you are not on Prevacid, they may want you on it.

Cathy

Cookies-and-Cream
on 8/13/14 12:36 am

Hi Cathy,

thanks for reply. I am on Prevacid and it's the first time it happened that's why I am blaming watermelon :( It's been 14 hours since I ate it. Heartburn less severe now, I almost couldn't breathe but still quite present

Catw
on 8/13/14 1:01 am - Arnprior, Canada

Depending on when you drank the last part of it, it could have caused it.  Especially with laying flat in bed.  It wouldn't be the sugars, but the natural acid in the watermelon.  I think you can take tums, see if that helps at all.  Or call the clinic to see what you can take.  It's lasting a long time for you.

Cathy

Most Active