Another Newbie

Sharon B.
on 8/12/14 5:02 pm - Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Hello everyone

i have been a silent stalker for awhile now. 

ihave been going through the process for over 2 years now, through Toronto Western. My surgery date is Sept 2nd. And I am now on my second week of Opti. (Yummy)lol

I have to say I have learned a lot from the posts on here. I wouldn't have gotten through the first week of opti if it wasn't for the helpful tips on flavour options. 

Hopefully I will be able to share parts of my experience with others on here down the road.

mellabella115
on 8/12/14 7:59 pm - North York, Canada

Hello and congrats. ..September 2nd is around the corner , you must be so excited... im going today for my internist appointment which makes me one step closer :) 

You say you are on your second week of optifast,  how many weeks do you have, also are we supposed to take it right up to the day of surgery?  

Sharon B.
on 8/13/14 1:04 am - Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Hi

I am very excited nervous and a little scared but I know this is something I have to do for me.

At one point I didn't think I was ever going to get there. Now it's just around the corner. i have to take it for 4 weeks right up to the day before surgery.

Sharon B.

Karen M.
on 8/12/14 8:24 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Welcome to the forum, Sharon! Your day will be here before you know it.

Karen :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 8/12/14 9:28 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

welcome. I have added you to our surgery list

Catw
on 8/13/14 12:25 am - Arnprior, Canada

Welcome to the forum!  Not long now and you'll be on the bench.

Cathy

kellybelly333
on 8/13/14 12:37 am - Toronto, Canada

Welcome!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

northernga1
on 8/13/14 1:30 am - Elliot Lake, Canada

which hospital are you having your surgery at? i have a friend who's having her surgery on Sept 2 at St Joseph's in Toronto.  Would be pretty neat if you guys were to meet up and walk the halls together.. 

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

Sharon B.
on 8/13/14 7:51 am - Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Unfortunately I won't be having my surgery there. Mine is at Toronto East General.

Sharon B.

Most Active