Internist appointment tomorrow. ....

mellabella115
on 8/12/14 4:16 am - North York, Canada

Hi all, I have my internist appointment tomorrow with Dr Glazer just wondering what to expect and what this appointment consists of. 

Hollynik
on 8/12/14 5:41 am - Canada

Dr. Glazer is really very nice, he will order any tests he thinks you may need before getting clearance for surgery.  His nurse will do an EKG and he will check your blood pressure.  He asks a bunch of the same questions the nurse appt did for your history.  If you haven't been tested for sleep apnea he most likely will send you for that test.  The biggest thing really is be prepared to wait up to 3hrs for your appointment.  His office was very busy when I saw him with people waiting in the hallway for their appointment.

mellabella115
on 8/12/14 5:45 am - North York, Canada

Wow...glad to know he's nice but 3 hours? Doesn't sound fun at all...will I still need a sleep test if I don't have any sleep issues? Thank you for your reply :)

DeeMishka
on 8/12/14 6:10 am
RNY on 08/08/14

I had Dr Glazer as my internist and he was very wonderful as for the sleep study I think it varies I did not require a sleep study but I also didn't have any medications or health problems or a history of any sleep problems including snoring I only breath heavy when very exhausted. He gave me approval on that day not sure if that is normal or not.

mellabella115
on 8/12/14 6:11 am - North York, Canada

OK great...thank you

Hollynik
on 8/12/14 6:20 am - Canada

Sorry, didn't mean you would wait for 3hrs but could be there for that long.  My appointment was at 11 and I didn't finish until 1:30.  I had already had the sleep study done because my family doctor said it seemed to be the new standard for gastric bypass patients but I could see him not sending you for anymore testing if you had nothing else he questioned.  I didn't have any other tests to be done either and was cleared when I left his office.  

Most Active