The ride home did me in!

Frankie82
on 8/10/14 7:18 am
RNY on 08/07/14

You and I are surgery twins! I came home on Saturday and I was ready to backhand everyone that I could reach by the time I made it home. My sister tried very hard, but she's a terrible driver and was riding the brake for the whole 2 hours, over a mountain pass, on the way home. I did do the pillow trick, but didn't find much relief there. I was also not good with my pain med monitoring. We left the hospital at 9, my next dose of meds was supposed to be at 10, but we didn't get into town until after 11, and I had to have my prescription filled, so my next dose wasn't until just after 12. When I got home, I slapped on a couple ice packs, had some drugs and soup, then had a nap. After that, I felt much better and have been to-the-minute with my pain med schedule since then.

shoshanaApr2013
on 8/10/14 1:14 pm
Congratulations on making it to the bench! Doesn't time fly?

I found that the first few days after I left the hospital were the worst, both physically and emotionally. Luckily it didn't last long.

Don't hesitate to call the Centre if something feels really weird, but keep in mind that you just had major surgery. Before you know it you'll be back in the swing of things... in the meantime relax and do as you're told!!!

Congrats again!

Referral: Apr 2013; Orientation (HRRH): Aug 12, 2013; 1st Surgeon Appt (Dr Sohi): Aug 23, 2013; SW/RD/RN: Nov 8, 2013; Internist (Dr Glazer): Nov 14, 2013; 2nd Surgeon Appt: Nov 20, 2013; Start Opti: Jan 3, 2013; PATTS: Jan 16, 2014; Surgery: Jan 24, 2014

Most Active