information orientation appointment!

angiehall41
on 8/2/14 12:03 pm - Canada

I will be having the above mentioned appointment, on Aug. 7 2014, and I wondered if anyone could tell me what to expect please?

I have had trouble with my weight ever since I had a tubal i***** I seem to have been dieting for most of my adult life. This is my last option, my kids have never seen me skinny except in pictures.  

So any after surgery advice would be appreciated and welcome.

Thank you

Angie h

beme_atlast
on 8/3/14 3:15 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/29/14

Welcome to the journey of a lifetime, What hospital is your orientation at?

Mine was at Humber (HRRH) and it was a group session in a large conference room. The session was facilitated by one of the social workers. They gave us alot of info and handouts about what to expect, how the process works etc... and personally I think they tried to scare us to death.

Just go in with an open mind and don't let them deter you. I'm only 3 months post-op but I already think it is the best thing I have ever done! 

Good luck,

Jane

HW-414, Start Opti-398, PS-369.1,GW-170... SURGERY Dr.Klein-Apr 29/14!!! 

EllenMW
on 8/3/14 4:46 am

You will get lots of paper work, either the dietitian or sw does the presentation and the dietitian that did my orientation told us to just keep saying yes because the further you go into it, you will learn a bit more...if you say no on the day of orientation, you dont get a second chance... so yes keep an open mind, and you can always say no right up to surgery day!  I dont think it was a scare tactic they were going for. It is not scary... and try to find a support group near you... The group I go to is fantastic..we have people in all different stages... my surgery is Oct 7, and getting very excited about it!  Good luck!!!

Most Active