Wounds, bleeding a long time?

4-Jane
on 7/27/14 3:57 am - Canada

So I am ten months out, I get all my water in and work hard to get all my protein but I keep at it.  Most days I only do one home made shake but some days I need two to ensure I get enough.  Anyway, i have a small sore on my temple that when it's scratched it bleeds for what feels like forever.  It has been there for a long time so it's not healing but at times bleeds for over an hour.  Is this because of my iron levels ????, which they have said are low and I'm taking extra iron at this point.  I have never had a sore bleeds so long nor so much and am a bit concerned

Respectfully Jane
Catw
on 7/27/14 4:53 am - Arnprior, Canada

I don't think that this has anything to do with your iron levels.  If you are on any other prescriptions it might be a side effect.  Whichever the cause, I'd go see your GP about it.  It's not an emergency, but there has to be a reason why it bleeds so long and hasn't healed and you should find out.

Cathy

Karen M.
on 7/27/14 5:30 am - Mississauga, Canada

Yes, being iron-deficient anemic CAN cause bleeding issues. It also doesn't help that the wound is on your head - we bleed a lot from even small cuts there. BUT.... if this is a sore that has been there for awhile and is not healing, you may be dealing with another issue entirely. I would get it checked out, Jane, just to be sure.

K xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

4-Jane
on 7/27/14 8:41 am - Canada

I feel like it's an iron issues as it bleeds a lot but a friend said it could be skin cancer.  I'm sticking to the iron issue and will talk to my Centre in September. Thank you for the replies in the in term I will try upping my protein and vitamin c to try to speed the healing.   Maybe I should buy the stuff you use for pets nails if you clip them too close, quick stop or something like that....lol

Respectfully Jane
Karen M.
on 7/27/14 11:09 am - Mississauga, Canada

Haha! Good idea.

What I might suggest, and I know this isn't pretty, is to put some polysporin on it and cover it with either a large Band-Aid or a small gauze pad. I had some pretty terrible lesions that would not heal for the longest time when I was ill last year. Keeping them moist and covered (at the suggestion of my GP) did the trick (finally). Once they were pretty much healed, I let them "air dry" and they healed up pretty well (other than some pretty freaky looking scars) (I had someone ask me recently if I had been shot, as in with a gun! Thankfully that's on my leg, not my head. LOL

Take care,

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kathie1212
on 7/29/14 12:51 am - Stoney Creek , Canada

I am not sure if its your iron level but perhaps u should get it looked at make sure there is no infection

Most Active