Question on weight loss

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/14 10:25 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

Hi all,

This question has probably been asked a trillion times at the least.  I have been at 198 now for two weeks at least and was curious if anyone has advise on how they overcame weight loss freezes?  I understand this will happen often as I am three months out and only have 28 pounds to reach my goal weight, but at the same time curious if increasing protein, physical activity or anything works to get the weight moving.

I tried increased physical activity but that did not budge the numbers.  I tried changing my diet up and that also did not work.  Is it just part of the process?

Kelly

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/25/14 11:01 pm - Windsor, Canada

Absolutely. Stalls are pretty normal.  The longer they are, the more I'd just double check what you are doing or try switching things up.  Sometimes our bodies get used to the same old, same old.  Sometimes changing the TYPE of exercise you are doing can help, or the foods that we eat. Sometimes bumping up calories/water/protein make a difference too - and sometimes it sucks but you just have to wait it out.

That's a great time to review your measurements so that you have another way to measure your progress as you've probably heard that sometimes we lose inches, not pounds.

I always say it never hurts just to plug your stuff into myfitnesspal and review what you are doing, making sure your meals are still protein dominant.  Since you are pretty early out, it is more than likely just your body reorganizing.  I stalled at 3 weeks, 3 months and then one reeaaaallly long stall around 10 months or so.  Hang in there :) Chances are you are probably doing all the right things :)

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active