eggs

Brittany_31113
on 7/25/14 1:52 pm, edited 7/25/14 1:53 pm

Hey all, I just have a quick question about eggs :) 

In my booklet it says that on the minced phase I can have eggs, but they have to be poached eggs. Does anyone know why only poached? Im craving an egg like crazy, but i cant stomach the thought of runny yokes... 

"The First step towards getting somewhere is to decide that your not going to stay where you are" - John pierpoint morgan

Referral- April 27,2013   Orientation class- may 29, 2013   Meet the surgeon,SW,dietitian - July 20, 2013  Dr Glazier- October 4,2013  Sleep study- October 10,2013   Dr Glazier again- October 16,2013   SW,dietitian again- February 2,2014    DR Sohi- march 4,2014   Start Opti- June 11,2014  SURGERY- July 2,2014

jaxie77
on 7/25/14 10:30 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Hey Brittany , 

I'm not at your stage yet , so I'm not sure why they asked for only poached , but just wanted to say you can poach them a little longer and the yolk wont be runny :) then im guessing u could just mash them up with your fork . I dont like runny yolk either , but do love poached eggs , cant make them to save my life however !!!!! So hubby makes mine and just leaves it in a little longer :) Delish xxx  Good luck on your new journey 

Patm
on 7/25/14 11:23 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I do  not know what the poaching process does but it does make the egg easier to digest. At 2.5 yrs I still have problems with scrambles eggs or egg bites . I can usually but not always handle a fried egg. As the previous poster said just cook longer for firmer egg

Almostthere1966
on 7/26/14 1:50 am - Canada

Hi Brittany

In my book which I believe is the same as yours , it says we can have eggs either poached or scrambled. Maybe having them scrambled will be easier for you to handle, that  way no runny egg?

Have fun and Stay safe

Kathy

Catw
on 7/26/14 8:26 am - Arnprior, Canada

When I'm cooking eggs, frying and boiling tend to make a dryer egg so you have to add stuff (which you may not want to do).  A poached egg doesn't dry out as much when cooked, just cook it a bit longer to not have runny eggs.

Cathy

Most Active