I'm home! Feeling super!

crqvingchange
on 7/24/14 1:17 pm

Glad everything went well .  Guelph staff are great

Darbaybe_2014
on 7/24/14 9:16 pm - Kitchener, Canada

So glad top hear you are home and all went well. I am still waiting for my surgery in Guelph. I have my second appointment with the Nurse, SW and dietician on Aug 27th.  Have all my tests done...I know I will most likely need to see the internist....so not sure when surgery will be for me...BUT it is by the far the scariest part for me...SO it is always nice when I hear good experiences like yours....I am in Kitchener too so maybe someday who knows we will meet :) Take good care of yourself, be a great patient ( at home)....I look forward to following your journey now that you are on the other side :) Cant Wait to join you!

I know it is different for everyone, but seeing you went through Guelph too...how long was your process....I had orientation in April, have met once with  N, Sw and Dietician.....have second appointment with them Aug 27th....what can I expect after that?  I am a bit worried as I have not lost much weight from the first time I saw them...maybe 5 pounds  :( I am still working on it...any info would be great :)

Darlene

Referral to Guelph:  January 2014 ~ Orientation Guelph: April 24.14~ Meet Nurse: June 03.14, August 28.14 ~ Meet SW: June 16.14 & Aug.28.14 & Feb.09.15   ~ Meet Dietician: June 16.14, August 28.14 & Nov.19.14~  Dec.31.14 & Feb.05.15 Meet Internist Dr Agarwal: Sept.28.14 ~ Post Op Nutrition class: March 16.2015  Meet Surgeon: April 16.15 ~ Approved for surgery: April 16.15 ~  Surgery Date: July 14.15 ~ Started Opti:  July 07.14~ Opti Starting weight: TBD~ Surgery weight: TBD ~ Goal weight: 150  

redviking
on 7/24/14 11:14 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 07/22/14

I had my orientation in February of 2013.  I didn't have to see an internist, but I did have a bit of a delay in my process because I kept putting off my second sleep test.  I would estimate that added about 2-3 months to my timeline.  After your 2nd appt with SW, Nurse and Dietitian, I did my post op nutrition class, met the surgeon and then got my appt.  I actually gained 3 pounds when I saw the Surgeon. She gave me a stern talking too, but it was really no big deal.  I know it's hard, but the waiting will get easier. At a certain point, my impatience kind of faded away.  I really think that time helped me prepare mentally for what was coming.  I took the Craving Change course in kitchener and it was great. I highly recommend it.  

In the end, the wait is worth it!

Sonja

Referral: Nov 12   Sleep Study: Feb 13   Orientation: Feb 13  1st appt NSWD: May 13   2nd appt NSWD July 13  2nd Sleep Study: Dec 13   Post Op Nut: April 14 Meet Dr. Pereira-Hong: May 14  PATTS: July 8 14   Surgery: July 22 14

dejalive04
on 7/24/14 11:34 pm - Washington

AWESOME, CONGRATULATIONS! I GO IN 7/19... IT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR EXPERIENCE WAS AMAZING AND NOT SCARY AT ALL! LOLOLOL.. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

kellybelly333
on 7/24/14 11:37 pm - Toronto, Canada

Congrats! Glad you feel so good!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

samhain
on 7/25/14 1:02 am

Congrats! I'm glad everything went well for you, that must be such a relief.

It looks like we have the same starting and goal weights, how cool! My surgery is on the 18th, I hope it goes as smoothly as yours.

Most Active