Cheating on Opti?

Blueiiis
on 7/24/14 9:39 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Had a close call this morning... Almost caved in and went to Mcd's for a coffee and a breakfast sandwich. Was feeling sorry that I did not have the time to have one before starting Opti.... Good news is I just kept on driving! Felt pretty good after that small 'victory'.

so my question is..... Has anyone cheated while on Opti? I know some people will chime in and criticize, I am only human! I am sitting here dreaming about raiding my neighbours BBQ where he is cooking souvlaki right now.  If you see some crazy lady on the news tonight being arrested for ransacking a BBQ ... That will be me :)

Karen M.
on 7/24/14 9:43 am - Mississauga, Canada

You can have one post-op when you are far enough along. You will simply fit it into your daily totals and all will be well. I enjoy a bacon and egg McMuffin now and then, minus most of the muffin, just makes me too full. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/14 10:06 am

Good for you that you kept on driving. Just keep your eyes on the prize. The only one you will be hurting if you cheat is you. You have come this far. You are doing so good. Keep it up!

Karen M.
on 7/24/14 10:09 am - Mississauga, Canada

Good advice ;)

Karen

Patm
on 7/24/14 11:04 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I must admit the title does tend to set many of us off. You have come through a lot of waiting and tests. Yes I remember opti sucks. For some more than others. But remember this was a choice you made to get healthy. Enjoy the victory you had over fast food. Hopefully it will be the first of many times you will pick health over junk

19star71
on 7/24/14 11:28 am

I cheated! There I said it.

Now, before anyone gets a little excited, I cheated by having a pickle every couple of days. My centre didn't allow anything extra, so for me, even one pickle was cheating.

I have resigned myself to the fact that this is a life long journey and I am going to cheat along the way.  Deciding what that cheat is going to be is the key for me.

Those pickles curbed the urge to cheat, but even it wasn't going into my mouth without some research. I chose a dill over a sugary gerkin and grabbed the lower salted ones.

As one of the previous posters mentioned, you really are just cheating yourself, but there is definitely a difference between crashing, and hitting a speed bump ;)

Surgery done by Dr Gmora at St. Joe's in Hamilton. Feb 3/14-- Pre opti weight: 327. Feb 19th --Day of Surgery weight: 308.  Current weight :175

Karen M.
on 7/24/14 11:33 am, edited 7/24/14 11:35 am - Mississauga, Canada

"There I said it, "

Good on you for being honest. So glad you hit a speed bump and didn't crash.

Edited to add: NOT that I agree with "cheating" by any means. I don't. I can appreciate someone's honesty, but come on people. isn't this what we waited for?

Karen

19star71
on 7/24/14 12:04 pm

It's easier to admit it after 5 months! ;)

Surgery done by Dr Gmora at St. Joe's in Hamilton. Feb 3/14-- Pre opti weight: 327. Feb 19th --Day of Surgery weight: 308.  Current weight :175

NorthernStar
on 7/24/14 11:59 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Have people cheated? Of course, and there's plenty of threads on the topic. Here's my best advice: don't read about the cheating stories, it only helps your brain justify it for yourself. Stay strong and keep your eye on the prize. If you're feeling like you really want to cheat, come here and post!! Many of us have been there and we know how hard it is.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

kellybelly333
on 7/24/14 11:11 pm - Toronto, Canada

Well said! It really only justifies yourself. This is something I had to really think about during the first year post-surgery. There were many moments of, "Well they had it at my stage, and they still lost weight, or didn't have problems." 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Most Active