ObesityHelp how do I love thee? Let me count (state) the ways... hehe

Dreamy74
on 7/24/14 7:01 am
RNY on 02/04/15

So I must say that I have been coming to ObesityHelp since my TWH orientation back in May of this year, where it was mentioned in the information package I received.  I really love it here at OH, I am getting great information from veterans and newbies alike.  I like checking the boards daily and adding my 2 cents in when I can and if I think it will help someone or give encouragement.  So if OH was a person this is what I would tell it:

1.  I love you for being here and giving me tons of support.

2.  I love you and thank you for having such wonderful members.

3.  I love you for being open 24/7 vitually 365.

4.  I love you for "introducing" me to many people I wouldn't have had the pleasure of "meeting" if it weren't for you.

and most of all....

5.  I love you for being WLS positive!!!

Karen M.
on 7/24/14 7:13 am, edited 7/24/14 8:01 am - Mississauga, Canada

Very cute, and VERY accurate. I concur.

And I might add, I love you for keeping me accountable, I love you for allowing me to have a bad day occasionally and be *****y and still let me come back, I love you for the extremely lengthy and VERY personal email you sent me on my 8 year surgery date - I did not respond at the time, but if I had been able (which unfortunately I was not), there are so many things that you said in the email that made me cry, made me think, and made me so glad to still be here offering support after all these years, I love you for offering people a place to learn, to grow, to succeed, and to temporarily fail/ (no, not fail, slip duh, lost for the right word at the time) and get back to business.

And I would also add, you have frustrated me to no end at times over the years - thanks for trying to get your **** together.

Love,

Karen

P.S. If you still have that email in your sent box, could you send it again - I seem to have lost it and I would like to respond. xo

P.P.S. Thank you for putting up with my sense of humour and recognizing it as such.

P.P.P.S. This sounds hilariously like a post I made a couple of years ago entitled, Oh Boobies, How I Miss Thee.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

dawn4511
on 7/24/14 8:20 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
I would say
Thank you for putting me in touch with people like me. For helping me find comfort on my worse days.

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

Karen M.
on 7/24/14 10:39 am - Mississauga, Canada

Me too, Dawn. I have to say that someone on this board has given me way beyond what a friend would do. At my lowest moments, she sent me a text, worried. I was pretty much next to dead, to be honest. And her text made my day more than I know how to say. And I felt compelled to answer, because she cared enough to do so.

Thank you, Tracey.

That is all.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active