CPAP Mask and Moisturizer

Dreamy74
on 7/24/14 1:14 am
RNY on 02/04/15

I posted this in the Sleep Apnea forum but I didn't get any replies so I thought I would post it here in the Ontario Forum:

I have decided I need to start wearing moisturizer at night and I have a nasal mask for my CPAP machine. Do any of you use moisturizer at night with your CPAP mask and if so did you encounter any problems like breaking out around the mask? I have oily skin but I am getting wrinkles LOL. Any insight/advice would be appreciated.

crqvingchange
on 7/24/14 1:25 am

I don't see a problem with that as long as you don't mind moisturize around the nose and wash your mask every morning.  Good luck trying to keep the wrinkles away.

Patm
on 7/24/14 2:29 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You might find the mask sliding. I tend to wait until morning for moisturizer. Alternatively you could just apply everywhere but the nose area

glutenfreeslimmer
on 7/24/14 9:32 am - Kingston, Canada

I'm in the same situation, (getting wrinkles, I want to ward off), but use a full mask.  What I normally do is use a moisturizer made for night-time (a bit thicker), but put it on 20 mins or so before the mask, just before I start getting ready for bed.  That way it has somewhat sunk into my skin when I put the mask on.  I don't find a problem with the mask slipping.  When I wasn't using the cream, the mask often left marks on my face in the morning, that doesn't happen now.

Most Active