So disappointed

NorthernStar
on 7/23/14 10:16 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

That is such a bummer. I'm sure that's disappointing but hang in there, the day will come. I understand the reasoning, it does make sense. Hopefully this means Dr Hong will be in the best place possible for when he does do your surgery.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Lana00
on 7/23/14 12:46 pm

Hello,

I know how disappointing cancelations can be. I had 3 different surgeries scheduled! One wasn't their fault at all as the pipes burst at the hospital in January and it closed all of the ORs. The first one was an error, I think as Dr. Hong was on holidays. 

I did 3 weeks of Opti and 2 weeks of very low calorie diet. If you speak to the nutritionist, they will give you a sheet with info on what to eat so that you don't un-do all of the work you did through Opti. It is a one page document that they give to patients who can't do Opti because of allergies, etc. They didn't tell me I had to do that, but I wanted the optimal cir****tances for the surgery and I followed that to the letter. Just a thought if you're interested. 

Good luck with everything and I hope that you have great success on your surgery!

:)

i should add... I had DS too. But as a virgin surgery. I thought Dr. Hong did an amazing job and he was fantastic to work with. Although it is awful having to wait, I would trust his judgement and be pleased that you have him around in case you need anything. 

Most Active