Protein bars?

Dave_J
on 7/17/14 9:52 pm - Canada

Hello...

Has anyone found a protein bar that isn't loaded with carbs and sugar?  I'm diabetic, and I'm not terribly fond of protein shakes.

Thanks...

Dave

Started Optifast April 8, 2014, and had surgery May 6, 2014 @ St. Joe's, Toronto, Dr. Lindsay

CCs_mum
on 7/17/14 10:20 pm

There are two that I really enjoy (high protein, low carb, low calorie)

Quest Bars and OH Yeah Victory bars (not to be confused with the chocolate Oh Yeah bars that look like Oh Henry's)

Both can be purchased at Popeye's... I wait for the sales and stock up.

Have learned that I can't measure my journey only by what I've lost.  I've gained health and extra time on this earth ... that is most important

Needanewbeginning
on 7/17/14 11:15 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Oh yeahs are very good, I use the Costco bought ones called premier protein. 

Annette 😄

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

sabrinastrength
on 7/17/14 11:32 pm - Canada
I buy Quest or Pure Protein bars (the ones at Costco mostly). I've also discovered recently Simply Protein. Their product line is delicious but expensive.

Highest Weight Pre-Op: 346lbs;. Surgery Weight: 330lbs; Current Weight: 204lbs
Surgery: Aug 2, 2013

Dave_J
on 7/18/14 8:57 am - Canada

Thanks for the tips everyone.  I went to the local GNC, and they certainly don't give them away (no Popeyes or Costco up here).  I bought a bunch of different types of Quest Bars, and I'll try those out.  I'm thinking of using them as my mid morning and mid afternoon snack, eating half a bar at each snack time.  Anyone eat a whole bar at one time?  I'm thinking it might be too much.

Started Optifast April 8, 2014, and had surgery May 6, 2014 @ St. Joe's, Toronto, Dr. Lindsay

LittleMiss2013
on 7/18/14 9:20 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

Pure Protein bars are my favorite. They're cheap (ubder $7 for 6 bars) and you can get them at Walmart or Target. I like the Peanut butter chocolate flavor.......and my all time FAVORITE is the Double Chocolate Vanilla Crunch....but I avoid ALL the chocolate flavored ones that are only chocolate or double chocolate whatever....I hate those ones, lol

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Mary A.
on 7/22/14 1:38 am

I usually load up on protein bars when I go to the USA as we don't have Costco etc in Thunder Bay

I love Zone Perfect

,http://zoneperfect.com/products/zoneperfect/dark-chocolate-almond

Luna bars also and now have found a new one called (Kind), it has 5 g sugar 16g carbs and 200 calories in total...some may say that's higher than it should be, but I usually have (1) protein bar for my mid-morning snack to keep myself out of the coffee room goodies.

You could always find a energy bar recipie and tweak it to take into consideration your sugar intake and likes.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active