Breast Reduction and Tummy Tuck since loosing your weight?

Chatty_Catty
on 7/17/14 11:35 am

Hi,

Has anyone had both at the same time?  I have reached my goal weight and have been approved for breast reduction but wanted to do a tummy tuck at the same time due to all the excess skin?

Karen M.
on 7/17/14 11:38 am - Mississauga, Canada

How long ago was your WLS?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Chatty_Catty
on 7/17/14 11:42 am

August 2009.  I have maintained the weight for almost 4 years now...

Karen M.
on 7/17/14 11:50 am - Mississauga, Canada

You're at an excellent place (in time) to be considering this. I know people who have done just that (and more) at your point - go for it. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Delicious_Delilah
on 7/17/14 12:51 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Hi there,

I just had a tummy tuck last week. I'm also looking at having excess skin removed from the breast area, but it might actually involve an augmentation as apparently, once I get rid of all that excess skin, there won't be much left for the surgeon to work to shape a properly formed breast. Sigh!  I'm also looking at having my arms and legs done -- that's a priority over the breast surgery for me. 

So in going over the plan with my surgeon, he is willing to pair some surgeries, doing two procedures at once, like arms and legs; and others, he won't.  

He was unwilling to pair a second surgery with the tummy tuck (also had a hernia repair at same time). For him, he felt there was too much healing to do with that one procedure, plus hernia repair. 

That could just be my surgeon, but I felt good about his reasoning. And right now, I certainly have enough healing on my plate, that I'm sort of glad I'm not dealing with another area of healing right now. 

Good luck!

DD

Donna E.
on 7/17/14 11:17 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 08/16/12

I had a tummy tuck and breast reduction at the same time. PM me if you wish. 

sk8muffsmom
on 7/18/14 7:16 am - Canada

Yes, I had a panniculectomy,/tummy tuck, hernia repair & a breast lift/reduction all done at the same time in January.  13lbs belly skin, 2lbs breast.

Everything went well and I am so happy that I did it.  Good Luck & wishing you a easy recovery. 

Chatty_Catty
on 7/19/14 3:23 am

Thank you all for your responses.  I knew what I wanted to do deep down inside, but to know that my decision is not uncommon....

Leanne1
on 7/20/14 12:45 am - Newmarket, Canada

I also had a breast lift and tummy tuck earlier this year ... Sooooo happy that  I did!!! :D

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Mary A.
on 7/21/14 12:13 am

I am so amazed and happy that those who had multiple surgeries came out doing so well, my PS said that she wouldn't do a tummy tuck and breast lift all in one surgery, because she mentioned that it would leave it very difficult to use a segment of your body to lift yourself or use the bathroom if both quadrants of the body had been operated on...therefore I read these responses with a great deal of interest.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active