Chickpea tortilla recipe

TiffanyandCo
on 7/17/14 6:47 am - Canada

Hey guys here is a great recipe for chickpea tortilla. There delicious and so easy to make

• 1 cup water
  • 1 cup chickpea flour
  • 1/2 tsp of seasoning or salt

To make this flour all you have to do is roar a can of chickpeas in the oven until no moister is left. Blend the chickpeas to a fine powder. Shift the flour to remover any hard piece that were not chopped up and your done. You can use this flour for all your cooking and baking needs. Store in an air tight container.

Method:
  1. Heat a non-stick pan on medium-high heat.
  2. Add flour and seasoning to a bowl and stir to combine. Slowly add water, mixing well as you go to avoid clumps.
  3. Spray pan lightly with oil. Add ⅕ batter to the pan and whirl around to fill out the pan in a thin layer.
  4. Coo****il golden on both sides.
  Notes: Eat these fresh for best taste and texture.
This batter would probably keep well in the fridge to be used later.

Update: How to make just one wrap

• 3.5 Tbsp chickpea flour
  • 3.5 Tbsp  water
  • a few shakes of salt

And follow the same cooking instructions.

Share on Tumb
glutenfreeslimmer
on 7/18/14 5:28 am - Kingston, Canada

Thanks for this recipe TiffanyandCo.  I have a recipe program and plugged in the few ingredients to find that these tortillas made with 1/5 of the recipe each have: 70 calories, 10.6 carbs, 2g fiber and 4.1g of protein.  If you would like the stats on other recipes please let me know.

Karen M.
on 7/18/14 5:31 am - Mississauga, Canada

Hi, which recipe program is that?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

glutenfreeslimmer
on 7/18/14 5:44 am - Kingston, Canada

It's a program I purchased from the internet to help make labels for my bakery - Yes, I run a bakery, around sweet stuff all day long, and can't even lick my fingers!  The program is called Recipe Calc, it's from the US, so doesn't give sugar, or vitamin info, but otherwise is very easy to use.  It costs less than $50 to buy, but you can try it out for free I think, at least I was able to years ago.

Karen M.
on 7/18/14 6:08 am - Mississauga, Canada

Thank you for the information, much appreciated! :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

glutenfreeslimmer
on 7/18/14 5:50 am - Kingston, Canada

To make this easier, I'd use chickpea flour, which is available at Bulkbarn in the gluten free section.  You may also find it in the baking or ethnic sections of the supermarket called "Besan" flour - same thing.

Most Active