What are you eating/doing today (Sunday)

birdiegirl
on 7/19/14 10:27 pm

RNY  5 Years 3 Months Post Op

Morning

British Open is on this morning......will finish watching this then into action for the day.....

STEPS - 14,096 and 30 "staircases"  logged walking the golf course for 9 holes yesterday in the rain

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

L - Leftover steak - beef tenderloin - 3 oz

1/2 cup of green beans and 1/8 cob of corn

S - 3 Wasa with 1/3 cup of shredded habanero melted on top

D - 4 oz stuffed turkey breast

1/2 cup of mashed potatoes

3 baby carrots

1/4 cup of gravy

S - 2 Source dessert yogurt

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,203,  Carbs - 90 Grams,  Fat - 47 Grams,  Protein - 124 Grams

All water and vits....more decaf coffee

Have a great one  

Patm
on 7/20/14 12:36 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning Barb. That is dedication , golfing in the rain. Ran lots of errands yesterday and managed to get in just over 9, 000 steps. No wonder shopping is tiring lol.

Today is half way between my birthday(last week) and my husband's (Tuesday). My kids are bringing dinner. Which means I should clean up the house a bit. I went to an early yoga this morning so sitting recovering first. It was suppose to be restorative but it had more energetic moves in this class.

b yogurt, granola, raspberries

l deli turkey, slice cheese, mayo, plus a yogurt

s apple and cheese

d chicken with goat cheese and salad

s not sure

cal 924, carb 61.1, prot 62.4

Leanne1
on 7/20/14 12:49 am - Newmarket, Canada

Good morning!!! :D

almost 4yrs post-op, maintaining!

B- 1 OE egg, 2 slices bacon and weigh****cher toast

L- probably 3 bites of a hot dog from Costco since we will be there

D- not quite sure yet... chicken likely 

snacks- nuts, yoguart w/strawberries, fibre bar

all vitamins and liquids in for today

Have a GREAT day!! :D

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Karen M.
on 7/20/14 3:41 am - Mississauga, Canada

Afternoon all :)

Just got in from my overnight camping trip - I had forgotten just how F'ing FUN camping is in the pouring rain. Oh! And the true JOY of sleeping, wet and cold, on the ground in a tent. Can't WAIT to go again in the rain.

I shouldn't whine - lots of it was fun. Like spending time really getting to know Andrew's oldest daughter. And cooking meals, playing cards, and losing at Bocce together. Putting crap away, doing laundry, planting the new perennials I got on Friday, and other duties as assigned today. But first, a wonderful cup of real coffee. /whine over

8 years post-op

B - coffee with milk x 2, iogo 0%

S - scrambled egg, 2 small breakfast sausages, 1/3 cup fried potatoes

L - Premier protein shake

S - real coffee with cream

S2 - cheese and crackers, pickles, olives, grapes

D - chicken quesadilla - whole wheat tortilla, 3 oz chicken, 1/4 cheddar, big scoop of salsa, teaspoon or two sour cream

S - not sure, likely just decaf with cream

I hope everyone is having great Sunday! :)

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/14 5:08 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

You need to learn how to make real campfire coffee if you think any coffee you make at home is better than that.  And get an air bed you crazy woman, no sleeping on the ground at your age.

Karen M.
on 7/20/14 5:26 am - Mississauga, Canada

You're right on both counts! I hadn't been camping at all in over 20 years - now I've been twice in the last month. A really GOOD air bed (unlike the semi ok, not too great stooped air mattress I slept on) is a must-do.

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/14 5:41 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Do you have power where you go camping?  We bought a great air bed that we use as a spare bed at the cottage when we have more people than bedrooms and it takes about 5 mins plugged in to pump it up and it's about 2 feet high and you can get them in queen size even if you want.  Get a good percolator and use coarse ground coffee and you will never want drip coffee again.  We love camp coffee the best.  We both look forward to going there just for the coffee. I just killed my drip coffee maker so I am going to start using the percolator at home too.

Karen M.
on 7/20/14 6:25 am - Mississauga, Canada

A percolator! YES, why didn't I think of that?? I love perked coffee, always have. Will definitely get one for any future camping excursions AND one for home - thank you, great idea.

I would love to have the type of air bed you're talking about - I just have to assess whether camping is going to be a more regular part of life and whether it's enough to consider investing in a really good one. :)

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/14 9:05 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

You can buy an electric percolator for home nowadays and they make great coffee.  My sister just got one for home as they miss it at  home too.  I use my on the stove top one at camp and at home but might just have to buy an electric one now for home LOL   Need to add to my coffee maker collection.  I have 7 now I believe, all different ways of making it.  

Keep an eye on the Canadian Tire flyer for the air beds as they often come on sale for 50% off.  Yes definitely need to know if you are going to be using it or not to invest in one but don't buy one unless it's on sale.  I got a Roots one at CT for 50% off.

Karen M.
on 7/20/14 9:25 am, edited 7/20/14 9:25 am - Mississauga, Canada

I will definitely look into an electric one for home - didn't know they made those. I'll also pick up a stove-top one for camping and outings - such a good idea, thank you. Not like I really need another coffee system either, trust me. lol

Good tip on the sale also, thanks, on the air bed. CT has great sales on stuff all the time - I just never really look (ever) at the camping gear. LOL The place we've been going does have electricity. It's actually Andrew's sister's site that she takes for 6 months every year. She's away in Alaska on vacation, so we've been using it. Nice to go and have everything set up already. haha

Karen

Most Active