What are you eating/doing today? (Tuesday)

Karen M.
on 7/14/14 8:01 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Bit of a restless night, have more on my mind than I was aware of. Doctor appointment this afternoon, other than that there's always "stuff" to be done around here! Got some gorgeous tomatoes yesterday at Costco (since my large tomatoes aren't ready yet in my garden, darn them) so will make salsa today with them and the hot peppers and herbs from my garden. I think Andrew is coming for dinner and cards later, we'll see how the day plays out. :)

8 years 4 months post-op

B - coffee with milk x 3 over the morning, iogo 0%

S - 1 slice whole grain toast, 2 slices bacon, sliced tomatoes, a little mayo

S2 - Premier protein shake

L - 3 oz chicken, salsa, cucumbers, handful of grapes

S3 - 8 oz 1% milk

D - 4 oz chicken, 1/4 cup rice mixed with 1/4 cup edamame and green onions

Have a great day!

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Onward and
Downward

on 7/14/14 8:51 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Sounds delicious, Karen! I love homemade salsa, but I've never made it. I should try it. I've made homemade guacamole that is pretty darn good. :)

I'll be going in to work today now that the brakes are replaced on my car. (I worked from home yesterday while the brake work was being done - almost $700, ouch!)  I've been getting some headaches lately - another one all afternoon yesterday. Was grateful to be home so I could lie down for a couple of hours. I'm wondering whether it has to do with splenda. I haven't reacted to it before, but it seemed to happen both times yesterday after eating my ricotta/splenda/berry thing. Maybe I'll use stevia today and see if that helps. I know I'm just shooting in the dark here, but these headaches are sucking.

Of course today it's raining so I won't want to ride my bike in. I'm thinking about doing it anyhow and just wearing some rain gear but it might be more misery than it's worth. I'm just feeling sluggish because I haven't been riding as much as I want to lately. 

Nothing too exciting after work. Maybe I'll do some paperwork I've been meaning to get done at home.

1 YEAR, 8 MONTHS POST-RNY

B - A few "crunchy clusters" from Low Carb Canada. That wasn't planned - I just had them next to the computer here and ate some because they were there. Sigh. So I guess that's breakfast. Lesson learned - put the package away when done!

S - Ricotta/stevia/vanilla with berries

L - Leftover Thai shrimp on a bit of rice noodles

S - Yin Yang soyfood snack (85g is 1 serving)

D - Not sure yet. Will think about it on the way home. I have a fridge full of food but not sure what I want to cook.

S - Also not sure.

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Karen M.
on 7/14/14 9:18 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Splenda sensitivity is quite common - great idea to use Stevia instead to see if there's a difference. With this changeable weather, I've had a couple of doozies myself - so glad it finally rained after threatening all day yesterday.

Fresh salsa is SO good. I could eat it right from the container, nothing else required. haha

P.S. I can think of many ways I'd rather spend 700 bucks - ugh!

Karen

Onward and
Downward

on 7/14/14 11:45 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Well, I've got the headache again this morning, no splenda involved, so I guess that's not it. Anyhow, I tried Xylosweet today in my ricotta, so I'll see how that tastes. Got it ages ago and haven't used much of it to this point.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Patm
on 7/14/14 10:21 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I find truvia easier to handle. Has little after taste. Good luck with the syevia

Onward and
Downward

on 7/14/14 11:44 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Actually, I think Truvia is the brand I'm using... :)

birdiegirl
on 7/14/14 9:11 pm

RNY  5 Years 3 Months Post Op

Morning

Busy with family issues the past few days.....I have been living on protein bars from my hand bag.....they taste pretty good at 3 in the morning when you haven't eaten in a long time...lol....otherwise I try not to eat them often......today's menu is also short on variety and veggies.....but I can grab and go quickly as the chicken is leftover from last night

The silver lining in all of this is I have lost the 3 pounds I put on of my re-gain of re-gain.......and down an additional pound....

STEPS - over 12,000 every day last week plus lots of staircases.....

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

L - 1.5 servings of PC blue menu breaded chicken breast with flax seed

D - 1.5 servings of PC blue menu breaded chicken breast with flax seed

S - 1 Source dessert yogurt

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,070,  Carbs - 81 Grams,  Fat - 45 Grams,  Protein - 86 Grams

All water and vits....more decaf coffee

Have a great one  

Karen M.
on 7/14/14 9:14 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Missed you, Barb - sorry to hear about your family issues, I hope all is okay now.

Karen

Patm
on 7/14/14 10:23 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Hope things settle down for you. Protein bars are okay but not as a steady diet

Onward and
Downward

on 7/14/14 11:46 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Hope your family issues are resolved soon, Barb. Very stressful when that happens, I know.

Most Active