Update...

Anne G.
on 7/14/14 1:41 pm - Hawkesbury, Canada

Hi all,  a little update on my situation...

As you all know, I've been having issues with vomiting since my sleeve was done in October 2011.  I had an appointment today at the weight management clinic in Ottawa and I was seen by Aspen, nurse practitionner.  Should gave me usefull info about my vitamins and do's and don'ts but also wrote down all my history.  Also, she had me make an appointement with a dietician, a behaviorist and the surgeon and that date is september 23rd, 2014, all on the same day.  Since my case is quite urgent, I should have my RNY not too long after that....   I am so happy that things are finally moving along in the right direction.... 

Please dont' make rude remarks about me moving ahead of others as I have waited my fair part,  I have waited 3 yrs to have my sleeve in the first place AND I AM REALLY sick right now...  please be nice to me....   I wish everyone of you could have your surgery as fast as mine, cause I know, first hand, how hard it is to wait for your surgery date as you want to get healthier and lose all that weight...  Good luck everyone and PLEASE wish me good luck too....

Anne

Karen M.
on 7/14/14 7:33 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Anne, I am so glad to hear that they're finally moving quickly to resolve your issue - this has gone on more than long enough. Wishing you the very best for an emergent surgery date and a start to getting your health back. Please, I would not let what other people may think negatively about your ability to "get through" quickly rest in your mind for even 1/2 a second - it's none of their F'ing business and if they're so concerned about themselves, they can take their mind off you and put it back on themselves. How sad really that you sound like you have to defend yourself from members of this board whose negativity and self-consumption taints their view of the world. Take care of you.

Keep us updated, I'll be thinking of you.

Karen

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 7/14/14 9:22 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I hope this is finally resolved for you. I wi**** could happen sooner so you can get healthy. Three years of being ill is certainly a long enough wait

Catw
on 7/14/14 10:39 pm - Arnprior, Canada

I'm glad you got to see Aspen, I have always found her really nice.  Not that the other nurses there aren't, it's just I've only seen her.

The only thing I'll remind you of, is to take a week's long food journal with you to see the dietician.  She always wants to see what you are eating, and how much of it.

Good luck!

Cathy

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/14 2:49 am

I am happy they are moving on this for you. However everyone feels their case is urgent, and when you put please don't make any rude remarks about me moving ahead of others.. is just asking for people to say their peace. If you dont want people to feel ill against you its best to say nothing. 

Sunny123
on 7/15/14 6:31 am
RNY on 12/05/13

Ignore the above comment.

i am glad you're getting help.

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/14 7:39 am

How about we ignore your comment...

Sunny123
on 7/15/14 9:02 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Bent!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/14 11:24 pm, edited 7/16/14 1:19 am

lol... what ever...gtfo

Julie99
on 7/15/14 7:24 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Hope everything works out for you. Good luck!

Referral: June 26, 2013  Confirmation: July 4, 2013  Orientation(OWMC) Sept.13, 2013  Nurse: Dec. 3, 2013  Nut/Beh: Jan. 28, 2014  Pre-surgical class: Feb. 26, 2014  Meet Surgeon: March 18, 2014  PAU: July 11, 2014  Surgery with Dr. Yelle: Aug. 11, 2014              

Most Active