Vets - they DO know a bit! - Long Post

highlandbear
on 7/17/14 6:08 am - Canada

Mean you have a life.  I thought this was your life now I am truly upset. LOL. Now that you made me upset you must come and do a race with me for giving me such a shock.  By the way did my first swim last saturday in the wetsuite. Getting the stupid thing on and off is impossible. Please tell me it gets easier. 

kellybelly333
on 7/23/14 1:31 am - Toronto, Canada

I apologize Barb...this is my life, truly! LOL. I'm not getting notifications when people reply, so i'm sorry i'm just getting to this now. How did you feel in the swim with the suit? Were you comfortable? That is very important for the swim. Getting into a wetsuit (and being properly sausaged, as I call it) takes a lot of work, and you get to meet nice people to help you out LOL. I helped four people get into theirs before the ironman. I can get mine on no problems, which means I could probably go a size smaller, but I think it would constrict me too much. A trick to think about, for getting it off and finding the end of the zipper easier is to tuck a little bit into your swim cap. This keeps from people accidentally pulling on it, and making less time for you fishing around for it.  

No, it doesn't get easier. Neither does putting on good compression running pants. It entertains Ross to watch me though 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

highlandbear
on 7/26/14 11:33 pm - Canada

Sorry just getting back to you. Had a death in the family so things have been crazy. I will be doing the Road to Hope and Around the bay and this triathlon in memory of him.  I can swim in the wet suite with no problem but man oh man I am glad no one its taping us getting it off and on. Saturday you would have died laughing.  I am using bags to help get it on and the fist time it was much easier so this time it went on beautiful but could not get the bags to come off the feet. My friend is trying and trying and no way would they slide down. we could not stop laughing. we were trying to roll the suite up along the leg than try and pull and nope. You think that the bags would just ended up ripping no way. I said to my friend we do not deserve to wear wet suites if we can not get a plastic bag to come off. I have no idea how we will get them off on race day. It is still taking me to long. Try standing on it and pulling legs out but no go. I know getting out of the water onto the bike I will be losing time. Two more weeks to go. Good news is I think I have picked out where I will do the half iron man in a few years. Wellend Herd it is good course to do your first iron man on nice and flat 

Charms112
on 7/16/14 12:19 pm - Canada

I haven't had my surgery yet and I have been taking notes from you knowledgeable vets!  I just don't understand why people often want to run before learning how to crawl?  Vets we need you and many of us appreciate your support. 

kellybelly333
on 7/23/14 1:31 am - Toronto, Canada

Running is great....just sayin' 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Mary Gee
on 7/16/14 12:36 pm, edited 7/16/14 12:36 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Great post Kelly!    The Vets deserve our appreciation and thanks.  They certainly have helped ME.  

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

NorthernStar
on 7/16/14 12:54 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

AMEN x1000

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

DeafNatural
on 7/16/14 2:56 pm - Winter Haven
RNY on 08/06/14

That's why I love this site. No sugar coating from the people who've been there, done that. They tell you to cut the BS and excuses but in the same post motivate you with a "You can do this!" 

High: 385 lbs     Start: 376 lbs           Current: 328.5 lbs.         Goal: 125 lbs

“The beautiful journey of today can only begin when we learn to let go of yesterday.”  -Steve Maraboli

Kate -True Brit
on 7/16/14 5:35 pm - UK

THANK YOU. We get flamed, slammed, abused. Told that if w "can't be helpful" we should stop posting. This is such a good post! 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

kellybelly333
on 7/16/14 11:54 pm - Toronto, Canada

Thanks! I have to remember that my hormones right after surgery were out of whack....I took things personally back then too. Sometimes, I do wonder about that and if perhaps everyone goes through it. It's such a confusing time for some people. I just post away anyway! lol

Most Active