Gastric Band to ?

DarleneTay
on 7/15/14 11:25 am

I have a gastric band and have been unsuccessful with this.  I am now seriously thinking of having bypass surgery. I was wondering if there any other members here that have had the band replaced with bypass surgery?  Any information would be very helpful.  Thanks so much.

Sunny123
on 7/15/14 9:06 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

I haven't had a band but there may be a specific forum addressing this. Hopefully someone here may experience to share with you. Good luck!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

1HealthyMomma
on 7/15/14 9:49 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

Hi there sorry I haven't had any experience with and surgery yet but I posted the link  below to the forum on here that should have lots of information. Hope you find all your answers :)

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/a,messageboard/bo ard_id,5360/

Take Care

Lisa

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

Onward and
Downward

on 7/16/14 12:03 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Dr. Cyriac out of Toronto East General Hospital (which is part of the Toronto Western Hospital bariatric program) told me that he does both the band (privately) and RNY (through OHIP), and he also does revisions from the band to RNY. Not sure of the process though - I think you probably have to go through the bariatric registry. Might want to check with your family doctor to see.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/14 12:16 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Lots have been revised from lapband to either RNY or VSG or even DS.  You just get referred through the bariatric registry the same as everyone else.

DarleneTay
on 7/16/14 1:00 am

Thanks so much everyone! I have seen my GP and the referral was sent to the bariatric registry. Now I guess just wait and see. :)

DarleneTay
on 7/16/14 11:56 am

Thanks so much everyone! I have seen my GP and the referral was sent to the bariatric registry. Now I guess just wait and see. :)

Most Active