What are you eating/doing today? (Monday)

Karen M.
on 7/13/14 10:59 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Not up to a whole lot today - waiting for a plumber to come fix a problem, quick trip to Chapters (well, I plan on it being quick, but I get totally caught up in the wonderfulness when I'm there, so you never know lol), domestic goddess duties as assigned. Will get a walk in there, hopefully between expected thunder storms.

8 years post-op

B - coffee with cream x 3 over the morning, iogo 0%, Premier protein shake

S - ham/cheese/pickle roll-ups (2)

L - 1 slice whole grain toast topped with (1 egg) egg salad, sliced cucumbers and cherry tomatoes from my garden

S - (1 egg) egg salad, cucumbers, peppers, carrots for dipping

S3 - Chike protein iced coffee

D - 3-4 oz BBQ chicken breast, 1/4 cup rice mixed with 1/4 cup edamame and green onion

S - not sure yet

Have a great one,

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 7/13/14 11:48 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning Karen, There was a chapters just a block away from me at work. I used the starbucks there for my afternoon pick me up. I bought far too many books. When they closed I bought a lot of books every time I went in. I am still going through them. I have a kobo but still like paper books.

I need to do something today for exercise. The last two days have been too much sitting and I am sore because of it.

b greek yogurt, granola, raspberries

s chick peas, 1/2 apple

l chicken in salsa, 1/2 apple

s pure protein bar

d ground beef tomato sauce on zucchini, tossed salad

s cherries

cal 1178,carb 124.3, prot 84.8

TanyaLH
on 7/14/14 12:32 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

13 months post op

steps 13853

Good morning ladies!

Karen, I love Chapters, but seldom go in because I spent too much on books and such!

Pat, I find I get sore now if I don't stay active as well, who would have thought that would ever happen??!!! Love it though :)

So, last yearthis time, eggs were not my friend, then they were my friend. My quick go to for protein, now then don't want to be friends anymore... :(. had egg yesterday and felt really crappy afterwards, egg for breakfast today...feel crappy again. Going to stay away from them for awhile.

Start the new job today so not sure about dinner, not sure about breaks and such. I will take a Quest protein bar with me for something quick. I will have a serving of some kind of protein when I get home.

B- protein coffee, mexican egg muffin...blah.

S- Chike strawberry protein shake

L- 2oz chicken breast 1/2 cup kale salad

S- quest protein bar

D- no idea!

S- not sure of that either. Might not need one.

Be well everyone,

Tanya

Karen M.
on 7/14/14 12:45 am - Mississauga, Canada

It won't help my cause any since they're having a huge sale. lol

Good luck with your new job today!

Karen

TanyaLH
on 7/14/14 1:05 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

thank you Karen!

Good luck with your cause at Chapters...  

Karen M.
on 7/14/14 4:30 am - Mississauga, Canada

I demonstrated super-hero restraint, thank you.

Karen

Patm
on 7/14/14 2:24 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I definitely have a love/hate relationship with eggs. The easiest seems to be poached and the worst is scrambled. Fried if not greasy are okay as well most of the time.

Good luck with your new job today.

TanyaLH
on 7/14/14 2:34 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

Thank you Pat :)

Onward and
Downward

on 7/14/14 3:57 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Hi Karen and everyone! I had a busy weekend with my mom down, but enjoyed it. Didn't eat all that great, but didn't gain anything either, so I guess I kind of kept it in balance somehow.

I was sorry to miss the coffee night the other night. An hour before I was going to leave, I got a sudden headache. Not a migraine, thank goodness - haven't had one of those since surgery. But still, it was unpleasant and I just wanted to lie down. So I stayed home. I hope it went well. I've had a couple since then too, which is annoying. Have one today even. Luckily, I'm working from home today so I can be comfortable while I'm getting stuff done.

Here's my menu for today, at 1 year, 8 months post-RNY:

B - Egg sandwich on a cheese bagel

S - 1 cup of skim milk

L - 1/2 cup ricotta/vanilla/splenda mix with 1/2 cup strawberries and a few wild blueberries

S - 85g Yin Yang Soyfood tofu snack

D - Probably frozen leftovers of the Thai shrimp I made on the weekend, on some rice noodles

S - Lots of fruit in the fridge, so probably some berries or cherries or something.

Have a great day everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Karen M.
on 7/14/14 4:33 am - Mississauga, Canada

You mean my coffee night? Yes, we had a great time - would have LOVED to see you, it's been a LONG time!

Sorry about the headaches - I suffer too at times mostly with the humidity. Feel better!

Karen

Most Active