Wound dressings

TES
on 7/13/14 4:55 am - Ottawa, Canada

Hi everyone.

I had my surgery on Monday (7th July) and I'm doing really well.  Better than I could have thought I'd be doing.  My only concern right now is with my wound coverings.

Two of the stab-wounds (as the nurses called them) are right smack-dab in the middle of my fat rolls.  The dressings will NOT stay on them.  Between sweating (it's been so warm!) and just moving around, they are always coming off.  I was only given 3 replacement coverings and I have none left.  I don't have my follow up until Wednesday (16th).

The wounds themselves look fabulous.  Closed over, healthy, no draining, bruises fading and just every so slight 'starting to heal' itching happening.  Would it be okay to use regular adhesive bandages to cover them until Wednesday or should I call the clinic in the morning?  

Thanks for any advice!

TES

sellarsgal
on 7/13/14 6:41 am - Oshawa, Canada

It should be ok to leave them uncovered. If you are concerned about sweat, lint etc irritating them, you could use regular bandages in the day and leave them uncovered at nite. That's what I did, It will only be a few days until your follow-up! 

HRRH -Orientation Nov  25, Dr. Sohi Jan 17, RN,SW,Dietician Feb 19, Dr Glazer Mar 5, Dr Sohi March 12. Surgery May 28th

Catw
on 7/14/14 12:34 am - Arnprior, Canada

I'd leave them uncovered.  If you are gathering sweat in that area, maybe just have a towel in the bathroom to pat it down to remove the extra moisture to prevent any rashes.

Cathy

Most Active