For those in Ottawa

Urbanlamb
on 7/12/14 12:50 am - Canada

I'm going in on August 18th for a sleeve.  Yay me!  Now I'm making lists, and getting as ready as I can.

For those of you who went through Ottawa...I'd like to bring my laptop and my phone, but how do I make sure they are safe and won't get stolen?

Referral Oct 2012~Orientation May 31/13 at Ottawa Civic~Dr.Dent assessment July 16~Nutritionist and Behaviorist Sept 17~ Ultrasound Oct 17~Second appointment with Nutritionist and Behaviorist Nov 6~Approval for RNY!!~BLADDER CANCER DISCOVERED~Currently undergoing treatment for cancer, plans switched from RNY to sleeve...~GOT DATE FOR SURGERY...AUGUST 18th, 2014 with Dr. Yelle*....February 7/17...2.5 years post up and doing great. Starting process for OHIP funded panniculectomy...

cutekatie
on 7/12/14 3:22 am
RNY on 05/16/12

Honestly you are going to be concentrating so much on walking, sipping, walking, and sipping that you shouldn't really have time for your laptop.

There is a tv room next to the room they put gastric patients in.

I brought my phone to message a few people (and this site) but the rest of the time I was either sleeping, drinking, or walking (and walking around helps with gas).

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Kittykatt1329
on 7/12/14 10:07 am - Alfred, Canada

I did bring my ipad and cell, I was really so uncomfortable I had hard time concentrating so I just left my ipad in my bag, and just used my phone to text people.... 

Good luck with your surgery

Leanne1
on 7/12/14 2:01 pm - Newmarket, Canada

It really isn't worth bringing your laptop for all the reasons mentioned above. Also, someone, from the maintenence dept, is supposed to check out electronics that are brought in before they can be used/plugged in. It's standard hospital policy. 

I only brought my cel phone and a few magazines (I didn't even get to read them) 

Keep things as simple as possible... a brush, toothbrush, comfy clothes and shoes, lip balm. 

Good luck with your surgery! You're sooo close now :-D

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

startingmynewlife
on 7/13/14 1:55 am

I only took my phone. You won't need anything else :)

Urbanlamb
on 7/13/14 5:58 am - Canada

Thanks for the feedback!  I guess I'll just keep things really simple.  I'll walk, sip, fart...walk, sip, fart.

Referral Oct 2012~Orientation May 31/13 at Ottawa Civic~Dr.Dent assessment July 16~Nutritionist and Behaviorist Sept 17~ Ultrasound Oct 17~Second appointment with Nutritionist and Behaviorist Nov 6~Approval for RNY!!~BLADDER CANCER DISCOVERED~Currently undergoing treatment for cancer, plans switched from RNY to sleeve...~GOT DATE FOR SURGERY...AUGUST 18th, 2014 with Dr. Yelle*....February 7/17...2.5 years post up and doing great. Starting process for OHIP funded panniculectomy...

Most Active