OMG I got my date - August 15th!!!

lucky2014
on 7/10/14 7:28 am

Keep us posted with your out come ...  : ) I'm going to need lot's of help too im so excited for you .

Kittykatt1329
on 7/10/14 12:21 pm - Alfred, Canada

Congrats Zizzler,  I know long time coming, sometimes our patience a

is unbearable but the time now will go so fast, I'm about 6 weeks post op, and dr. Mamazza was my surgeon, and have had no issues at all. The transitioning from shakes to purée then solid has not been a problem. My sister in law who is 4 yrs out keeps having issues but I think she is no longer following the rules, just follow what they ask of you and everything will be great... By the way down 41 lbs.

cheers

cathy 

Zizzler
on 7/10/14 1:00 pm

That is great to hear that you have had no issues - 41lbs is great!  Only 2 weeks until I start opti fast.  How did you find opti?

Kittykatt1329
on 7/12/14 10:01 am - Alfred, Canada

I was on opti before when I first started the program I decided to go that route first. I lost some but gained back that is when decided my only option was surgery, that being said, I didn't mind it a bit.. Vanilla is ok, but as long a mixed with something... I use to put my left over coffee in fridge and use that next day"... And add ice, not quite an ice Capp but drinkable, also used orange flavouring with ice and almost orange creamcicle.  With the chocolate was no problem at all, almost liked better then the protein shakes I tried after surgery.  I did hear was a shortage of chocolate so you might have to learn really quick to like the vanilla... Good luck with everything... 

Zizzler
on 7/12/14 1:35 pm

I bought my opti in April when they had lots of chocolate.  I bought half chocolate half vanilla.  But yes, there is still a shortage of chocolate opti at the civic for some reason.  I like the idea of the creamsicle and coffee, I will try those.  I was thinking also of adding peppermint extract to the chocolate to make like a peppermint patty type thing.  I can't believe only 13 days until starting opti, 5 weeks until surgery. Wow!!

Kittykatt1329
on 7/13/14 3:40 am - Alfred, Canada

The peppermint sounds good... date will be here before u know it.  Time flew by for me....Also the nurses there are awesome.. was well taken care of after surgery. . Looking forward to hear how it goes.. 

Zizzler
on 7/13/14 5:03 am

I will let everyone know how it goes, thank you!

Onward and
Downward

on 7/12/14 8:56 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Congratulations! I'm really happy for you. :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Zizzler
on 7/13/14 5:04 am

Thank you :0)

sitoo
on 7/13/14 5:16 am - RIVERVIEW, Canada
VSG on 08/19/14 with

Congratulations!

Most Active