Blood Tests

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/14 11:21 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

I went for blood tests this morning (3 months post op) and for the first time in years the tech easily found a vein in my arm..used to have to use my hand!!!!

I love all the things that are happening since surgery that are what I call side effects that I did not anticipate but give me great joy........  (migraines gone, neck pain gone, so on and so on.......Yay)

I am so grateful to have had this surgery!

Kelly

kathie1212
on 7/7/14 11:30 pm - Stoney Creek , Canada

CONGRATULATIONs!!! I would love to hear more about how your lost your migraines with the weight. I suffer from terrible migraines,. Mine are caused from a  car accident and I cant help but think if I get this weight off it may help the weight hanging on my shoulders and neck can not be helping anything in those damaged areas! Did your migraines stem from injuries or just random. I hope you dont mind my asking. 

thanks and congratualtions again 

kathie

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/14 12:58 am - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

Hi Kathie,

My migraines were caused by my neck pain which I think were due to being 55 pounds heavier.  I would finish work hunched over a laptop all day and be in pain and would have already needed a migraine pill.  I also think that I may have been lactose intolerant before my surgery.  I would have a 500+ ml 1% glass of milk a day and then cheese at lunch etc.  After surgery I had a severe reaction to 1% regular milk (dumping) and had to switch to lactose free.  So not sure if it is a combination of both but have not even had a headache (knock on wood) since.  I had almost daily tension headaches or migraines for a year and a half before my surgery so to have none since surgery is awesome.

I hope when you lose weight your migraines also go away.....

Kelly

mum2TNT
on 7/9/14 1:32 am - Oshawa, Canada

So happy for you.....you sound SO happy :)  I know all about the 'finding a vein' issue lol......I hope the same happens for me one day!  keep up the great work and all those positive victories!

Chrissy  ~~~  doctor referral May 29/14; info session Aug 18/14surgeon appt Dr. Starr  Oct 15/14dietitian, social worker & nurse Dec 11/142nd appts dietitian, SW & nurse Jan 19/15;  Dr. Glazer Feb 25/15; 2 weeks OPTIFAST April 15/15; surgery date April 29/15    AGE: 48   HEIGHT: 5'6"  

Most Active