I can eat anything and everything

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/14 12:29 am

I know  exactly how you are feeling. Please dont feel bad when people respond negatively. Just because some call themselves "vets" on here they are not doctors, nurses or dietitians, they are just people who had their surgery before you. They are no different than you or I. They may think they have more knowledge, but only you know what works best for you. Keep smiling sweets, I have a daughter just a year younger than you... you are too young to let people get to you. You are doing amazing!!!

TiffanyandCo
on 7/9/14 12:35 am - Canada

Thank you for your support. I jut don't understand why everyone is so negative and says that I will revert to my old ways. I am on the right path and I know it... I'm losing weight and being healthy is my overall goal. I was hoping that ppl "vets" would have been more supportive. As I said before everyone is different. There is not set in stone path for everyone to follow. I will continue to listen to my doctors and work with them to succeed. Thank you :) 

Karen M.
on 7/9/14 1:03 am - Mississauga, Canada

It was the title of your post. As a "vet" I may have seen that once or a hundred times before. People weren't being negative - more cautionary. When people post about eating pasta and rice "with no problems at all!", a warning signal goes off, plain and simple. I can tell you, and I am 8 years, 4 months post-op, that I still eat very limited bread, pasta and rice. It sits too heavy and doesn't have the nutritional value that I aim for.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

TiffanyandCo
on 7/9/14 1:17 am - Canada

Once again I just want to say that I DO NOT EAT RICE AND PASTA OR BREAD ETC.... I was told by my DOCTORS to simply try these foods as a lot of people are not able to tolerate it. I only tyried these foods ONCE AND ONLY ONCE... Everyone is assuming that I eat pasta all day everyday. I HAD IT ONE TIME.... ONE TIME!!!!!

Karen M.
on 7/9/14 1:25 am - Mississauga, Canada

Ummm.... okay. No problem. Just trying to help. Yikes.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

lexxiblue
on 7/8/14 8:48 pm
RNY on 01/11/12

sounds like you might have trouble with your "old habits" whatever they might have been creeping back in the NEAR future.. especially if you're already worried about "snacking at the movies"... and THIS IS JUST MY OPINION... i'm 2 1/2 years out and just starting finding snacks now..and it just "slide right through"... so ... in order to succeed in maintenance which is the most hardest thing i've had to go thru... looking back .. losing the weight was a breeze despite having the damn bowel issues... keeping it off is the hardest..and FOR ME snacking is a devil! take water to the movies.. forget about food for now! AND THAT'S JUST MY 2 CENTS WORTH! i'm sure your girlfriends will understand eating out for you might be a challenge so early in the game! good luck!

Most Active