I can eat anything and everything

kellybelly333
on 7/16/14 4:52 am - Toronto, Canada

Yep, I was told that too at TWH...3.5 years ago. I tried it, and then promptly listened to the vets on here and left them out of my diet. 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 7/8/14 8:48 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

Why would they have you try a food that you shouldn't even be eating at 2 months out?

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

kellybelly333
on 7/16/14 4:55 am - Toronto, Canada

That's the TWH program. Every clinic is different. I wi**** would be standard, but it's not. At my first nutrition class (I think back in late 2009 or early 2010) I was told about dumping syndrome, and that we should test the waters about sugar, at home, at some point. At the time I thought that seemed reasonable....try out sugar at home to see if I dump...so i'm not going through that in public. Now, this doesn't make sense at all...and i'm sure they don't tell patients that anymore. The program keeps changing. TWH is different from Humber and Guelph, even during the Optifast stage. At humber you are allowed crunchy veggies, and at TWH no veggies.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Kwelbru
on 7/8/14 9:11 am - Canada

Hi Tiffany ,  

37 lbs is pretty good.  I'm 7 weeks out and have loss 36 lbs.  I can basically eat nothing also but I stick to  my maximum cup of food per meal and no "white" carbs.  Only brown, whole wheat and multigrain.

I have oatmeal every morning ,  and maybe a little wee weigh****chers wrap with tuna salad once a week.  I don't like brown ice because there is not much valu in it,  quinoa is much better.  I like it sautéed with spinach and feta cheese and a couple drops of olive oil.  

Dont get discouraged about the weight loss.  I can go 5 days without losing .2 lbs then  the next day I drop 3lbs!   

Work on your fitness and stick to the diet plan and you'll continue success.  

Kim

SURGERY @ HRRH with Dr STARR on May 23/14 >>ORIENTATION WEIGHT 372lbs // OPTIFAST START WEIGHT 334lbs // SURGERY WEIGHT  319 lbs  // 3 MOS POST-OP 261lbs

TiffanyandCo
on 7/8/14 9:19 am - Canada

Thanks Kim, I happy to have someone who understands what I mean when I say I can eat anything. I'm exactly like you when it comes to the diet I don't however eat oatmeal I hate the taste. I also don't eat white carbs or any carbs... When I have a tuna wrap it's in lettus. I think all centres are different and is also think it has something to do with age. I have another appointment next week and I'm hoping that I lost more weight I don't have a scale because I'm not worried about kissing weight I just want to be healthy and happy. 

Karen M.
on 7/8/14 9:24 am - Mississauga, Canada

I love auto-correct.

I don't know about kissing weight, other than kissing it good-bye.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kimber291
on 7/8/14 9:34 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

I will be 5 months post op on Friday.  I am down 71 pounds. At my 3 month appt the dietician told me I could eat anything I wanted to now, not to be afraid. Breads pastas rice etc.  I told her I had no interest in doing so and to this day I still haven't. I am quite content with my diet and I feel that is the reason I have been as successful as I have. I have gone from 227 to 156 pounds. 

Maybe go back to basics and start fresh and don't eat those foods until way further out...or better yet...never lol

Not trying to preach to you, just concerned :-)

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

TiffanyandCo
on 7/8/14 9:38 am - Canada

Thanks... Once again I just want to clarify that I don not eat these foods... I simply tried them and was happy to discover that I have no issues with any food that I was told to try. One again I don not eat carbs or starchy food (no bead pasta rice potatoes etc..) I was just happy that I could tolerate these foods but I in no way eat them.

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/14 2:32 pm

Hi, I for one think you are doing a fantastic job. One thing I have to stress, you do not have to explain yourself to anyone. If your dietitian says it is ok to try things, then try them. Dont let other discourage you from trying things. What works for some may not work for you. ect. I have lost just over 100 pounds and I am 5 months post op. I eat 1/2 of an english muffin every morning, tonight I had No Yolk noodles with spaghetti sauce, every day I loose weight. Do what is best for you. 

TiffanyandCo
on 7/8/14 2:41 pm - Canada

Thank you so much for your kind words and support. I wrote this post because I was happy with my success no matter how small but as the day went on and ppl started to reply I felt bad and I had no reason to. I know I'm on the right track and every centre/ person it different. What works for others might not work for some. I don't have to explain myself but I do want to feel supported as this was a big step I took in my life... I'm only 24 and my family is not that suportive so I turn to these forms for support from ppl who have experienced what I have. Thank you very much and I appreciate your kindness.

Most Active