First Half-Ironman Completed!

kellybelly333
on 7/8/14 12:51 am - Toronto, Canada

Well all. I did it! I finished my first Half-Ironman triathlon distance. 2k swim. 90k bike, and 21k run. It was hot and brutal, but I did it...and I will do it again (different course...I was warned about how hilly the bike course is with this race...they weren't kidding!) 3.5 years post-RNY. 100+ pounds down, loving life! Here's a few pics. Before, during and my much-deserved glass of wine with my medal :-)

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Onward and
Downward

on 7/8/14 12:53 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Wow, Kelly - you're just amazing. Congratulations!  I can't even imagine doing that. :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

kellybelly333
on 7/8/14 1:33 am - Toronto, Canada

Thanks so much!! I never could imagine doing it either....and during the race I was sure I would never do it again....and...of course I will!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Karen M.
on 7/8/14 1:31 am - Mississauga, Canada

I am just about speechless with your awesomeness - HUGE congratulations to you! xoxo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kellybelly333
on 7/8/14 1:33 am - Toronto, Canada

Hey everyone!!! I've made Karen speechless.....just about!! LOL Is that possible???? xoxoxo honey

Karen M.
on 7/8/14 1:44 am - Mississauga, Canada

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

gunnabehealthy
on 7/8/14 2:02 am

That is awesome Kelly, definately something to be proud of for sure!! I do my first mini duathalon this Saturday and kinda freaking out about it. But, I know I will be fine. Amazing what inner strength you get once you are able to do things, that you never ever thought possible with being overweight/obese? I know I am amazed that I have done a 10K run and a few more to come this summer.  LOVIN' life!! :)

kellybelly333
on 7/10/14 12:36 am - Toronto, Canada

That's great!! what is the distance of a mini-duathalon? I never thought I could have done this...not in a million years. I looked back at my facebook from September 2012, and I was THRILLED that I ran my first 10k without stopping to walk.  Honestly, 10k feels like nothing now.....who knew?

gunnabehealthy
on 7/10/14 1:25 am

Yes, I agree! Who would have known we'd be doing this when we started this journey. The mini dual is a 3K run, 12K bike ride and then another 3K run. I opted out of the tri, as I am not strong on swimmong yet. Might sign up for lane swimming or lessons in the fall and do it next year. I will start trianing early in the new year. Would like to do a half marathon next June. CRAZY!!! :)

Catw
on 7/8/14 2:21 am - Arnprior, Canada

Way to go Kelly!  I have nothing but admiration for you on this!  Don't think I could ever do that myself.

Cathy

Most Active