Active Minutes Challenge

Robyn R.
on 7/8/14 2:33 am - Bowmanville, Canada
390 minutes for me Yahoo!

Referral Summer 2012, Orientation June 10/13 HRRH, Dr Hagen July 3/13, Dr Glazer, RN/RD/SW September 19/13, Dr Hagen October 10/13, Surgery January 21/14

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/370613/tickers/robynrne2b9ddd6b097c6ab0185ec57651b7f22.png?1392080601

HW 290  Opti Start Weight 280.9  Surgery Weight 264.8 CW 207

Laurie C.
on 7/8/14 5:29 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Hi all:

53 minutes for me

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

Onward and
Downward

on 7/8/14 8:34 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Sorry for the late reply! My active minutes last week were 80 minutes.

Honestly, I'm feeling kind of demoralized by this. I feel like I'm a lot more active than that, but apparently I'm not. I would rather concentrate more on moving often, not how intense the activity is, since I'm more into trying to add activity into all parts of my day rather than intense sporting activity, so I think I'm going to drop out of this one. Sorry, Kelly. It's a neat idea, but I think it's just not for me.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Karen M.
on 7/8/14 11:48 pm - Mississauga, Canada

That's how I feel too :( I'll stick it out but you're right about it being a little discouraging when you think you're moving a whole lot and your activity monitor says "yeah you're moving, but not fast enough".

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Onward and
Downward

on 7/9/14 12:35 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I didn't mean to whine, but normally I feel like Superwoman these days with all the stuff I can do now, but these active minutes are deflating my ego entirely! Haha.  Oh well.

There have been some news articles recently about how people who spend long periods being sedentary have health issues even if they get regular exercise at other times of the day, and that people should incorporate movement throughout their day.

Of course, moving throughout the day AND very active exercising are probably even better! But my idea of "very active" and my FitBit's idea of it are two different things, I think! :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Karen M.
on 7/9/14 12:45 am - Mississauga, Canada

You got THAT right. I started the C25K and the only time I hit "very active minutes" was when I was jogging FAST, and that was short-lived. For my fitness level, I've resigned myself to counting "pretty darn active" minutes (my Misfit shows 4 levels of activity) for the challenge. Then I feel bad, because they're not true "very active" minutes. Oh well. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active