Nurse Practitioner First Assessment Question

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/14 5:54 am - Toronto, Canada

Hi All,

Just wondering what the first nurse appointment will involve? Will they be doing blood work or testing or anything? Will it just be a question / answer session? Going over my homework given on orientation with me? I'll be meeting with Karen form TWH and am nervous.

Thank you for the help as usual!

jaxie77
on 7/7/14 7:37 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Hi Jennifer , 

I just had my Nurse appointment on friday . It was at Humber . Anyway , she was really nice . She weighed me first and then we went to her office . She basically Iis just going over all your medical history ...conditions , meds , allergies , surgeries , and all tjat type of stuff . Asks what you know about the procedure ( technically so do your reading !) And what you know about the diet phases afterwards . She will take your pulse , and she will go over anything they determine you need from your bloodwork like low Vit D or Iron etc . There is absolutely nothing to worry about .she is just getting a picture of your overall health before surgery and she will give you some advice on how to proceed with vitimins and meds you may need now and how to incorporate them after surgery . 

No worries doll :) .... ( says me who was a bag of nerves last week !! Lol ) 

Jax x

kathie1212
on 7/7/14 8:37 am - Stoney Creek , Canada

mine is in October:) I can't wait :)

Most Active