Anyone work Homecare ? if so , how long off work roughly ?

Kwelbru
on 7/7/14 8:49 am - Canada

I was supposed to be off for 8 with a desk job,  no lifting involved. I opted to go back at 6 weeks. 

I would say you are looking at 6-8 weeks.... Talk to your surgeon about he lifting involved in your job...

SURGERY @ HRRH with Dr STARR on May 23/14 >>ORIENTATION WEIGHT 372lbs // OPTIFAST START WEIGHT 334lbs // SURGERY WEIGHT  319 lbs  // 3 MOS POST-OP 261lbs

Mary A.
on 7/8/14 2:42 am

I think it's totally dependant on your rate of recovery.  When I had my surgery I was just starting a new job, therefore had no extended health coverage...therefore I tool some vacation but was back at work within 3 weeks of my surgery, I am also in the clerical field.

As mentioned above I think ONLY you and your surgeon will be able to pinpoint the time..you will no doubt have a follow-up a couple of weeks after and that will help to determine further how things are progressing.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Valerie G.
on 7/8/14 2:52 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

You canno lift/push/pull anything more than 8lbs for 8 weeks.  Work that into your schedule, or you'll wind up for another surgery to repair a hernia.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active