What are you eating/doing today (Tuesday)

birdiegirl
on 7/7/14 8:36 pm

RNY  5 Years 3 Months Post Op

Morning

Heading north again today.....lots of reading and good exercise ...and I am planning on good eats....2nd day of back on the horse    only up 3 pounds of lost regain now!

STEPS - 13,243

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

L - Panko crusted tilapia

few asparagus spears

few bites of  roasted squash

D - Sweet Kale salad - 1 cup

grilled asparagus

5 oz pork tenderloin in bread crumbs

10 oz Merlot

S - 2 Source dessert yogurt

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,167,  Carbs - 68 Grams,  Fat - 28 Grams,  Protein - 98 Grams

All water and vits....lots more decaf coffee

Have  a great one 

Karen M.
on 7/7/14 8:43 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Been up for a while, unfortunately! I'm going to have to go camping again - shockingly the best sleep I've had in over 10 years, out in a tent on an air mattress of all things. Perhaps I'll set up a tent in my garden. Good day yesterday - mani/pedi, errands complete, met up with my girlfriend *****cently lost her daughter for coffee (she's doing well under the ****tiest cir****tances ever). Going to weed the garden today since we had lots of rain yesterday. Other than that, not a whole lot but I think Andrew is coming for dinner.

8 years post-op

B - coffee with cream x 3 over the morning, iogo 0%

S - Mexican egg bite (muffin sized), watermelon

L - 4 chicken wings, sliced cucumber and tomatoes, a little blue cheese for dipping

S - Chike protein iced coffee, probably a handful of cherries

D - lasagna! Woot! I made an awesome lasagna about 2 months ago and froze 1/2 - leftovers! Luckily I can't eat all that much of it (thank you continued restriction!)

S - likely nothing, BUT I did get decaf samples for my Keurig yesterday - decaf Pike Place and Tully's - thank you Barb!

Have a good one,

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

birdiegirl
on 7/7/14 8:49 pm

Hope you like the coffee Karen.....I have liked all of Tully's coffee.....and they are less expensive then many other brands......I drink the full throttle first thing in the morning.....buy a case of Starbucks Verona at Costco.....Coffee really saves me and stops me from eating....I am so glad that so far it doesn't bother me

I haven't had lasagna in 5 years.....sounds wonderful....and agreed re restriction....especially with dense meals....its grazing that causes so many problems eh?

Karen M.
on 7/7/14 9:00 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I got the French Roast Tully's - can't stand weak coffee. I was pleased that Starbucks makes a decaf version of Pike Place, I don't mind that one fully-leaded.

Grazing is a huge challenge. I'm pretty sure I could eat all day long grazing on small bits of pretty much anything. I stay out of the kitchen completely unless I'm there for a specific purpose.

I hear you re. not eating lasagna for years. I was the same way, it's only in the last few years that I started making it again (VERY rarely). What I love about WLS and maintenance is that I can eat lasagna occasionally, in a healthy sized portion and fitting into the eating plan.

Karen

birdiegirl
on 7/7/14 9:02 pm

agreed re the lasagna....I eat everything.....on occasion......I love pasta.....and eat it maybe 2-3 times per year.....love it too much and for me it kick starts carb cravings....ughh....you have better control then me!

Karen M.
on 7/7/14 9:04 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Often I eat mostly only the guts of lasagna - that's the good part. lol

Karen

kellybelly333
on 7/8/14 12:09 am - Toronto, Canada

I love lasagna guts. MMMMM

Well, i'm still coming down from finishing my half-ironman. I"m doing a post on it soon. Eating has been very off in preparation....carb-loading is crazy!! I'm glad to get back to a bit of normalcy. But today we are going to Wish for a Summerlicious lunch. Yum! So that will be my big meal of the day. 

B: cheese and crackers

L: slow roasted beef brisket on baguette (which i'll have two bites of the baguette) with aged cheddar, arugula,
tomato, roasted garlic jalapeño jam and side house salad. More salad to start, and a bite of dessert to finish

D: leftovers!!

No exercise again today. Back to the grind tomorrow.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

libra1
on 7/7/14 10:39 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

VSG - Sept.17, 2013 - Dr. Jackson, SW - 285.4 lbs, CW – 186.2 lbs, Total Loss - 99.2 lbs

Good morning everyone!

To avoid throwing away any food before I leave for Vancouver, this will be the daily menu until it's all gone.

Have a wonderful day!

B- Oatmeal with ground flaxseed & cinnamon and coffee

Snack-Greek yogurt

L-1% cottage cheese with ketchup

Snack- Skinny latte

S- Eggs and tomatoes

Snack-Greek yogurt

Cal-645, Carbs-51, Fat-13, Protein-74, Sugar-16, Chol-243

birdiegirl
on 7/7/14 10:53 pm

You are so close to 100 pounds lost.....bet it will happen while you are in Vancouver....enjoy

libra1
on 7/7/14 11:55 pm, edited 7/7/14 11:55 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Much has been said lately on the main forum about support vs. criticism ... and just my 2 cents worth... I too have had moments where I’ve stepped away from the forum because I wasbecoming too overwhelmed by the amount of information. Please note I was becoming overwhelmed. Those times reflected my state of mind and that point in my journey. My mother used to say, “Listen to the advice of others, but always remember to take your own.” Although I have no doubt I would have been successful without this forum ... I also have no doubt that this forum and the support and information from you (Birdie) and the rest of the gang, has been an invaluable source of support, information and of course humour. Thank you for that.

Most Active