Last packets of OPTI, on our way tomorrow

NorthernFireWoman
on 7/5/14 12:10 am

Hi,

We leave tomorrow for my surgery on Monday.  My anxiety hasn't been as bad since my pre-op 3 weeks ago, but I'm starting to feel nervous again.  I drank my last package of Vanilla OPTI this morning and I have to say it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be.  These last 2 weeks have given me a new perspective on my food addiction and forced me to confront my emotional/bored eating habits.  I'm very grateful for the counselling I received during the process and I'm glad that there was 13 months between my referral and my surgery - I truly believe you need the time to plan, explore, digest, save for expenses like hotels, etc.  

The diagnosis and treatment for sleep apnea alone has made a wonderful difference in my life.  I spent all that time dreading giving up coffee, but after my first full night with my mask I didn't even miss it.  Fantastic!

I've been more of a lurker than a poster, but I wanted to thank the people who have posted so much advice and shared their stories.  Thanks to everyone who helped me plan accommodations and transit to the hospital, make vanilla OPTI bearable, and counselled patience.  I really am very grateful.

Referral: Jun. 11/13;  Orientation: Jul. 24/13; SW/NP/Dietician: Nov. 2013.  Sleep test Dec. 2014.  Sleep apnea diagnosis Feb. 2014.  2nd sleep test Mar. 2014. Psychiatrist follow-up Mar. 2014. Approved by local centre Apr. 2014.  Sleep apnea follow-up May 2014. OTN apt with Dr. Sullivan Jun. 5/14.  Surgery July 7, 2014.

Almostthere1966
on 7/5/14 12:26 am - Canada

You are almost there NorthernFireWoman. and it wont be long before rolling into  the OR room with funny masked people talking around you. and to you. My surgeon came into the preop room and asked if we had any questions so I grinning shakely and asked are the butterflys going to go away. His reply was dont worry cutie those buterflys will be released and you will be flying on a cloud. Sorry but right  infront of my husband I gushed OMG my surgeon called me cutie LMAO.

Meet you on the losers bench there is room near by me.

Kathy

4-Jane
on 7/5/14 2:49 am - Canada

Travel well and before you know it you will back home and healing

Respectfully Jane
TES
on 7/5/14 7:00 am - Ottawa, Canada

I'll be having surgery on Monday as well.  Good luck to you and I hope it's as pain-free as possible.

See you on the bench!  :)

TES

Sunny123
on 7/5/14 11:05 am
RNY on 12/05/13

Best of luck to you! Fast healing and all good thoughts for you!!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Patm
on 7/5/14 12:36 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good luck Monday. Remember to walk and sip. Let us know how you are

NorthernFireWoman
on 7/6/14 12:58 am

Thanks everyone!  I'll check back in when I can.

Referral: Jun. 11/13;  Orientation: Jul. 24/13; SW/NP/Dietician: Nov. 2013.  Sleep test Dec. 2014.  Sleep apnea diagnosis Feb. 2014.  2nd sleep test Mar. 2014. Psychiatrist follow-up Mar. 2014. Approved by local centre Apr. 2014.  Sleep apnea follow-up May 2014. OTN apt with Dr. Sullivan Jun. 5/14.  Surgery July 7, 2014.

NorthernGem
on 7/7/14 9:10 pm - Sudbury, Canada

Best of luck to you NothernFireWoman I too have Dr Sullivan as my Doctor I met him last Winter he seems to be an awesome Doctor I'm sure your in great hands. I will be going for surgery in a few months with him. I was just wondering where you will be staying I have heard good and bad stories of the Howard Johnson so just wondering what your experience is and where you stayed. 

Referral July 2, 2012 * Ultrasound and Upper GI,  November 12, 2013 * Met Surgeon and Endoscopy, January 29, 2014  *Orientation April 2, 2014 *  Physiotherapist, *Social Worker,  April 25, 2014  * Nurse Practitioner, May 7, 2014  * Nutritionist, May 7, 2014  *Call from Pharmacist, May 8, 2014  * Breast Screening, May 9, 2014, * Sleep Study Test, May 16, 2014  *Surgery Date Fall / Winter 2014* 

Most Active