Feeling the love- willing to share it

redviking
on 7/4/14 1:26 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 07/22/14

I start Opti on July 8.  Last night, my sister arranged for a group of my friends to get together and have some "last call" beverages.  My friends surprised me with a very generous gift of a Vitamix blender and some very lovely words of encouragement.   I feel so lucky to have such wonderful caring people in my life who are rooting for me.  

I hope you all have a loving and generous support system.  If you are feeling alone in this monumental life change, reach out to the board, send someone a private message. Send me a private message!  We are all going through it and we can all share the love. 

Referral: Nov 12   Sleep Study: Feb 13   Orientation: Feb 13  1st appt NSWD: May 13   2nd appt NSWD July 13  2nd Sleep Study: Dec 13   Post Op Nut: April 14 Meet Dr. Pereira-Hong: May 14  PATTS: July 8 14   Surgery: July 22 14

Patm
on 7/4/14 1:33 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sounds like you have some great friends. Good luck on your journey

Catw
on 7/4/14 1:38 am - Arnprior, Canada

Sounds like a wonderful party to kick off your new life!  That was a great gift they gave you!

Enjoy Opti!

Cathy

NorthernStar
on 7/4/14 1:40 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Nice friends! That's awesome that you have such a support system. This is a tough journey without it. I'm very lucky to have a supportive hubby and mom.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

TES
on 7/4/14 1:43 am - Ottawa, Canada

Yay for amazing friends!  Lean on them and let them be there for you!

Good luck with the Optifast!

TES

Karen M.
on 7/4/14 2:21 am, edited 7/4/14 2:58 am - Mississauga, Canada

FABULOUS friends! And good advice to those who may not reach out when they could.

Edited for outrageous spelling.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

highlandbear
on 7/4/14 6:34 am - Canada

What a perfect gift.  You are very lucky to have people who care. Good luck with the opti just remember the colder it is the better it will taste

Soon_to_Shrink
on 7/4/14 7:07 am

Vitamix blenders crush ice like there's no tomorrow.  It'll come in handy not only for Opti but full fluids and purees down the road.  So nice to have caring and thoughtful friends!

Keeshaja
on 7/4/14 7:14 am
DS on 10/21/14

How sweet! Your friends are awesome!

I'm Still Loving, Still Praying and Still Dreaming....

Sunny123
on 7/4/14 9:59 am
RNY on 12/05/13

Lucky you! What thoughtful friends you have. 

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Most Active