Feeling down......

new_me180
on 7/4/14 12:14 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Hi all

Don't know what's going on with me the past few days. Just been feeling low and down. Can't help myself or pinpoint at what the problem could be. I'm just not my bubbly self. Never been depressed before and don't have a history of it. My body aches, pushed myself to go to the gym hoping it will make me feel better but alas, i just came back the same and sore. I'm eating well and drinking well so i'm kinda stumped. Maybe i'm having some hormonal issues and i hope to get over it soon. I will go for some retail therapy tomorrow, hopefully i'll cheer up.

Just needed to reach out for support. Thanks

Wesley T.
on 7/4/14 12:29 pm - Canada

Hello, I experience those feelings just going through the process waiting. Just wanted to say I am inspired and I think how fantastic it is that you have lost 140 + lbs!! I can't wait to be able to shop at AE and everywhere's else that has 'smaller sizes'. Enjoy the retail therapy I am envious! 

new_me180
on 7/4/14 2:50 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Thanks a lot. I'm sure whatever funk i'm in, retail therapy will fix that in no time, lol. Hope i don't spend too much or it will cause to me to be in a different funk altogether.

1HealthyMomma
on 7/4/14 12:31 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

Hoping you feel better soon. If any therapy can help retail will...lol

Take Care

Lisa

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

new_me180
on 7/4/14 2:51 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

LOL that the best therapy ever. Thanks 

Almostthere1966
on 7/4/14 3:02 pm - Canada

Hi New Me

Is it possible Menopause?

Before my surgery I asked a similar kinda question but about food cravings and being reminded of 20 + years ago bein pregnant.

Anyways many people sid that t s commin for hormones to be running crazy after surgery. Sorry I cant say for certain but doesnt hrm and may hurt the pocket book a little less all though shopping s nice. LOL Unheard of in my family but nice to think about hehehe.

Have fun and Take care protect that pocket book heeh and maybe check out a Mega Walmart for a nice treat at modest price :)

Kathy

new_me180
on 7/4/14 4:16 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Menopause? I hope not, i'm only 35 and hopping to have babies soon. I think it's hormones as well because my whole monthly thing is screwed up as well this month. I'm sure i'll bounce back by days end.... after Walmart, lol.

Sunny123
on 7/4/14 9:44 pm, edited 7/5/14 10:50 am
RNY on 12/05/13

Hope you feel better soon. Try to do something special for yourself. Think of that horrid winter we have then go for a nice walk. Maybe buy a special treat for yourself. You've obviously worked hard at your weight loss, you should be so proud of that.  This isn't easy and you've been very successful! 

Hope it turns around soon for you!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

new_me180
on 7/5/14 4:01 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Thanks a lot. I'm starting to feel better already with this kind of support.

LilyBugsMommy
on 7/4/14 11:04 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

It could be hormones...just keep an eye on it. If you find it persisting or getting worse, please talk to someone about it. I do have a history of depression, so wasn't entirely surprised when it reared its ugly head during this process for me, post-op. But, even if you haven't had a history of depression, this is a major life change and worth keeping an eye on. Good luck!

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

Most Active