I'm so tired of this liquid diet!!! HELP!!

Carbasics
on 7/3/14 11:44 am - Etobicoke, Canada

Hey everyone I'm 1 week 3 days post op and this liquid diet is killing me lol I swear all I eat is pudding with a scoop of protein, yogurt with protein,protein shakes, soup with protein, I'm so tired of all these sweet stuff. Is there anything else beside cream of wheat oatmeal or sweet stuff that I can drink or eat ?? 

Referral sent- January 31/14 Referral received- February 14/14 Information Session TWH- April 2/14 Social Worker- April 7/14 Nurse PractitionerApril 7/14 Psychometry- April 22/14 Nutrition ClassMay 6/14 Nutrition Assessment- May 16/14 Meet Surgeon - June 5/14 Surgery Date - June 23/14

startingmynewlife
on 7/3/14 12:38 pm

Cottage cheese? Probably not much different ;)

Karen M.
on 7/3/14 7:21 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Nope, not really. Everything you listed sounds like full fluids to me. You mentioned soup - you're finding that sweet too? I had the same problem post-op (still do) where everything tastes too sweet, even plain milk. A few days longer and you'll be onto the next stage, hang in there.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Catw
on 7/3/14 10:25 pm - Arnprior, Canada

Hang in there.  Just think, this will just make the next stage seem even better ;o)  And you have more options right now than you did for Optifast!

If you are adding flavored protein (you didn't say) what about finding a non flavored one.  Maybe that will help with the sweet. 

Cathy

Mary A.
on 7/3/14 11:45 pm

I actually consumed a lot of clear broth soups, for me I had salt cravings.  Is cottage cheese allowed at your stage???

This is the time that you really have to stick with it as your pouch is healing and it is crucial that you stick to what is outlined for you. 

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Carbasics
on 7/4/14 5:30 am - Etobicoke, Canada

Well thank you everyone for your tips and advice I will hold it together till I'm at the puréed food stage and have more options starts can't wait 😀😀😀😀

Referral sent- January 31/14 Referral received- February 14/14 Information Session TWH- April 2/14 Social Worker- April 7/14 Nurse PractitionerApril 7/14 Psychometry- April 22/14 Nutrition ClassMay 6/14 Nutrition Assessment- May 16/14 Meet Surgeon - June 5/14 Surgery Date - June 23/14

Most Active