Now it gets real

crqvingchange
on 7/3/14 4:38 am

After a year and a half since my referral,  today I started my 2 weeks of Optifast.  Starting to get nervous, anxious and hopeful.  Downed the chocolate one with decaf coffee crystals mixed in, was tolerable.

Catw
on 7/3/14 5:36 am - Arnprior, Canada

Congrats on your date.  The 2 weeks will fly by.  The chocolate aren't too bad.  Didn't try the vanilla.  If you get hungry, just have extra water in between shakes.  And make sure that you get enough water to keep going through the heat.

Cathy

crqvingchange
on 7/3/14 6:04 am

Thanks Cathy for the encouragement.  Only bought 1 box of vanilla because of the mixed reviews.  I have a 4 litter jug of water that I plan to finish today.

Laurie C.
on 7/3/14 6:23 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

don't forget to get excited also!!  be strong, be happy, it's coming, the next 2 weeks will pass pretty quick and will all be good

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

Karen M.
on 7/3/14 6:46 am - Mississauga, Canada

You're soooooo close now! Down it, chug it, whatever you have to do.

Best wishes!

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

crqvingchange
on 7/3/14 6:57 am

Thanks Ladies.  I have been reading OH for a while now and have been so inspired and found that by reading people's experiences I have less fear about what's to come.  Save room for me on the bench please.

Karen M.
on 7/3/14 7:01 am - Mississauga, Canada

You got it! Right next to me, I'll make room ;)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

1HealthyMomma
on 7/3/14 10:53 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

I hope these 2 weeks fly and wish you a speedy recovery

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

cdnmacgirl
on 7/3/14 11:52 am - Canada

I just finished day 2. I'm only getting in 3 (I'm just not feeling hungry) and have about 1/2 cup of jello a day. If you pour it over ice and use a straw, it's not bad, kinda like a milkshake. I prefer the vanilla over the chocolate. We got this!! :)

andrea

Referral sent Feb 27, 2013 | Orientation in Guelph May 16, 2013 | First set of appointments August 19, 2013 | pre op food class August | Final sign off on Nut/SW/Nurse Jan 29 | Post Op class April 7, 2014 | Surgery with Dr Jules July 16, 2014 in Guelph

crqvingchange
on 7/3/14 12:01 pm

Hi Andrea.  Have had 3 today and will try to down another shake before bed, but really not hungry.  The broth was the best part of my day.  Day 1 almost done, 13 more to go.  Your right, we've got this.

Most Active