Deleted

Zizzler
on 7/3/14 11:39 am

The NP asked me to call her tomorrow so we could discuss the situation. I am hoping this will be helpful. I have no problem seeing the psychologist other than that it will slow down the process and is not necessary. I have a therapist I plan on seeing after surgery if I need to, so I have no issue with seeing someone to help with emotional issues.  I really think they come up with these things to justify the fact that they have to delay your surgery even further.  That is just not fair to the patients. 

LynTO
on 7/3/14 4:04 pm - Canada

Hi Zizzler,

I understand your frustration. Please keep your head up and do not be discouraged by all the negativity.  This is an open forum and you will get some responses that are not so kind, so just take those ones with a grain of salt!

Hugs!!!:-)

Lyn

1HealthyMomma
on 7/3/14 11:07 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

I think this whole process is a little consuming to say the least. In MY opinion you have to call and make sure you weren't over looked. These offices are busy and things happen all the time. I wish I called to check on my referral I just waited and it took 13 months for someone to call me. I'm very sorry that you were treated this way. I would have most likely done the same thing as you and called 13 weeks is a long time to wait after signing the papers. I know it's easier said than done but try to keep your eye on the prize and stay strong.

Lisa

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

Zizzler
on 7/3/14 11:23 am

Thank you and I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your journey.  13 months - gee wiz!

Rforbes79
on 7/3/14 11:49 am

That's standard preseigeur to have shy sic evale I just started my journey I've hot every thing fond except sleep test and weight loss had my physic evaluation done before my first appt to meet the surgeon that was one of a few requirements that I had to complete 

Hw 301    Gw150  Sw Started my journey in June went to my info session then July 1st was meeting with the surgeon . Have lost 7 of my 15 I had to loose next appt is august 5 . I'm excited told me it could be as soon as 3 months .went to the docs on august 2 Nd and I lost 13 lbs . I go on September 8 th and should have a date for surgery in early October  

Rforbes79
on 7/3/14 11:57 am

I'm also in the us to so I don't know maybe it's not standard In Ottawa . Best of luck though 

Hw 301    Gw150  Sw Started my journey in June went to my info session then July 1st was meeting with the surgeon . Have lost 7 of my 15 I had to loose next appt is august 5 . I'm excited told me it could be as soon as 3 months .went to the docs on august 2 Nd and I lost 13 lbs . I go on September 8 th and should have a date for surgery in early October  

Zizzler
on 7/3/14 12:14 pm

It is not standard procedure in Ottawa to make a person who has completed the process suddenly have to see a psychologist for no good reason.  As I said I have no problem seeing a psychologist but it is unfair to force me to see her at this point and after everything they have put me through. 

Rforbes79
on 7/3/14 12:29 pm

I agree best of luck to you some times I hate doctors lol

Blueiiis
on 7/3/14 12:29 pm - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Hi Zizzler, sounds like you are getting the run around.  There is nothing wrong with phoning and inquiring about your appointments, it is your right as a patient.  Unfortunately, I think you would be best off to go to the psych appointment and try to let your frustration with the process go.  I can relate to you, I have been going through the process since my referral a year ago, and others have gone through the process in less than six months. Hell ya I phoned up TWH and asked how someone is getting through it faster than I am, that they should see patients in irder of referral but got no where. So I have given up calling and am enjoying my life while waiting.  Hang in there, things will unfold as they should.   And don't pay any attention to those who are being jerks, they don't matter anyway.

Zizzler
on 7/3/14 12:48 pm

Thank you Blueiiis, I agree with everything you said and appreciate the respectful way you delivered the message.  Most of the comments to this post have been helpful whether I agree with them or not, but a few were just plain rude.  I just do not understand how people can post that stuff to a "support" group.  Someone mentioned that I am too focused on surgery and of course that is true. I am going to focus on other things in my life, positive stuff, maybe plan a few weekend trips the end of July. Go swimming.  Yeah.  Wish you lots of luck in your journey...

Most Active