on 7/3/14 7:08 am - Mississauga, Canada

Ouch.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 7/3/14 7:35 am
Karen M.
on 7/3/14 7:41 am - Mississauga, Canada

Ever hear of the block button? It's awesome.

;)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 7/3/14 8:30 am

Done, thanks for the reminder. It is awesome :0)

Almostthere1966
on 7/3/14 8:46 am - Canada

Zizzler

I have also been following your ordeal and I am sorry most do not agree but I completly and resonable(sp) understand how and what you are going through.

I had been through the inrro proram nearly 2 and a half years ago and was told yeap just 3 months waiting time if you don hear anything cll the following Thursday. I did exactly what I was told and wrote everythin down exact dates on calendars postponed business meeings and family evens etc just incase of the calls. Each and every time this happened the excuse I finally got was I had not completed all the tests they wanted done. So with my husband by my side we marched to at least 6 or seven different doctors to do tests that we didnt know about until last minute. I am sorry for rambling but Yeap my last test was the Psych tests you have discribed and I reacted exactly as you are Great they thnk I am to f-----ing stupid to be able to have this procedure but dont have the courge to tell me. It was 3 and a half months after that test I finally ot my call to say they had not forgotten me and my surgery dte was being booked come in and meet the sureon ( Dr Gmora), find out what procedure and when and then thns rolled so quickly it was a whirl wind but very much worth it.

Please I know i is hard and difficult but maybe you can follow a smidge of what I have done and yeah go out on your balcony some days and just screm causer we ota  but hins will work out I am positive of tha for you.

Oh These tests and timing took approxiamately 1 and a half years. As i bean the Optifast or maybe just a week before I searched the internet for a roup to chat in with people like yhourself nd many others to tlk with those who will understand.

Stay strong and remain positive things will work out

A gentl4e hug from Hamilton Ontario not to hard now stitches are still in :)

I did not feel knowledgable or proper to ive you answers earlier  in lamens terms I was scared to say the wrong thing.

Kathy

Zizzler
on 7/3/14 9:51 am

Thank you Kathy.  I already did all the tests and saw the surgeon, signed the consent forms, and am just waiting for a surgery date for the past 13 weeks. Now surprise, another test to slow things down and for no good reason.  Glad to hear you made it through the process after all.  Good for you and I am glad you replied back. 

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/14 9:42 am

That CuteKatie was a harsh and very mean thing to say. How would you feel if the shoe was on the other foot. You are wrong she has a right to this surgery just like you did.

cutekatie
on 7/3/14 12:05 pm
RNY on 05/16/12

I never said she didn't have the right to surgery. I said that she didn't have to have the surgery. Please understand what I am saying.

This is elective surgery. We are very lucky in Ontario that the surgery is paid for by OHIP. They invest a lot of money into the surgery and want to make sure the best candidates are having the surgery.

If you want a reality check go read the US boards and see the steps that Americans have to do to get surgery. Go read about the people who paid out of pocket because thy had no other choice.

This situation is being blown out of proportion.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Sunny123
on 7/3/14 8:32 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

When did you switch from take a number and get in line to this? Funny...

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/14 9:43 am
Most Active