Should I call? Ahhh!

Zizzler
on 6/28/14 7:12 am

They are just birth control pills I take to help with my hormones, so I can go off them any time.  I am still taking the other 4 medications I take daily, one of which I will have to stop when I start opti.  My worry was that they would assume that I need 4 weeks when I do not.  I know, I am probably screwed for a July surgery but oh well.

19star71
on 6/28/14 6:33 am

I'm sorry you mistook my post as negative. I was genuinely trying to give you some good advice. I would be heartbroken if my surgery had been pushed back because of something I did. Their response was uncalled for and harsh. Absolutely! Calling them again just solidifies her inappropriate assessment. It certainly doesn't prove her wrong, which, by the way, I have no doubt was incorrect ;)

I absolutely understand your excitement and impatience. I can't imagine that any of us who have gone through the process, didn't feel exactly the same way.

Sometimes we are unaware, or forget, exactly what goes in to booking dates. Try to remember that not everyone who has signed their consent form is here on OH. Dates get cancelled all the time for illness, emergencies, etc. Those people need to be rescheduled. If as you have stated, regarding consent, then they by right, should be given a spot before you.

The person who actually books the appointment has your file in front of them. They know exactly how much time the surgery may take, how many weeks of Opti you need to take and any additional information ( like your meds). I personally had to push back my date because I was unable to go pick up my Opti on time.

I certainly don't blame you for being proactive regarding giving them a call and letting them know about you going off your meds. It's not that call that raises questions for them. It’s the numerous calls, you have admitted to, that has led to them being concerned.

Surgery done by Dr Gmora at St. Joe's in Hamilton. Feb 3/14-- Pre opti weight: 327. Feb 19th --Day of Surgery weight: 308.  Current weight :175

Zizzler
on 6/28/14 7:27 am

Well, they have all the information now so all I can do it wait.  So frustrating!  Just finished weeding my garden, it really helps let out your frustration.  I appreciate your responses.

(deactivated member)
on 6/28/14 4:35 am, edited 6/28/14 4:36 am

Your perspective is unfair .. two different clinics involved, and Zizzler has been told when to expect surgery and just because she chooses to call to see about progress should not have her fit as on drugs, unstable ect. The anticipation of this surgery gets to everyone and everyone reacts different. So what if she is impatient it does not justify their concern. I personally believe she is being mistreated and should bring it to someone in higher position attention. Come on, just because she calls for updates DOES NOT makes her unfit... I think she is being treated very very unfairly.

Zizzler
on 6/28/14 5:18 am, edited 6/28/14 5:20 am

Thank you for your reply.  It is really hard.  So I just called the office manager and let her know that I have stopped the bc medication already and am ready to start opti any time if there is a spot available.  She had told me to contact her directly if I had questions. At least this way they have all my information. Hoping to get a call next week. Really hope I did the right thing here don't want to mess things up.

taniagirlca
on 6/28/14 8:55 am

I personally would call Lana's manager. Seems like you are being treated unfairly :(

Zizzler
on 6/28/14 9:19 am

I ended up calling Lana's manager and leaving her a message. I let her know I am ready to take any time slot if one is available because I am off the birth control I need to be off 4 weeks before surgery. They were worried because that bc can cause blood clots. Also let her know that I know someone who saw the surgeon the same day as me who has already been offered a date in July.  Hopefully she will ensure things are done fairly and pass the info on to Lana. 

19star71
on 6/28/14 7:29 am

How exactly is my perspective unfair????

It doesn't matter what clinic one goes to, its a long process. I simply stated my wait time to prove a point. She can only benefit from acknowledging that she has moved through this process fairly quickly. Appreciate the positives and the negatives are easier to handle!

Surgery done by Dr Gmora at St. Joe's in Hamilton. Feb 3/14-- Pre opti weight: 327. Feb 19th --Day of Surgery weight: 308.  Current weight :175

Delicious_Delilah
on 6/28/14 5:47 am - Ottawa, Canada

Like 19star71advises, I would just have patience. I personally waited two and a half years from referral to surgery. There was a huge backlog at the time that I started this process. Timelines have greatly improved, so count yourself lucky!  They don't necessarily go in order of who signed their consent forms first -- sometimes others are a priority given the medical assessment of the doctors. So really, please stop comparing your timeline to others. You're only going to drive yourself crazy!

Take a deep breath. Your turn will come!  I know it's not easy, but it wasn't easy for the majority of us!

DD

Zizzler
on 6/28/14 6:26 am

I agree comparing is driving me crazy! It is hard not to do that though, especially since I do not trust their process at all.  Now that they know I am off the bc pills and do not need 4 weeks they have all the info they would need.  I am going to leave it at that and hope for the best.  I heard that years ago the process was super slow for a while but 2.5 years seems really long.  Was everyone else taking that long at the time? 

Most Active