What are you eating/doing today (Friday)

TanyaLH
on 6/26/14 10:21 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

1 year post op

steps 13766

Good Morning Ladies!

Barb, enjoy your party tonight!

Karen, have a great day looking for deals.

Pat, that app sounds great,I think I will check it out!

Not sure what the plan is today, I know I have to do groceries so there is other food in the house beside just what I like to eat! DH is coming home tonight....yeah!

Tomorrow we are heading to Niagara to the safari there. Lots of steps tomorrow.

B- 1/2 cup Special K 1/3 cup skim milk, protein coffee

S-Source yogurt, banana

L- 1 cup Taco soup

D- crockpot chicken fahjta no tortillia, 1/4 cup tomato cucumber salad

S-tea, 1/3 cup ff cottage cheese

Be well everyone.

Tanya

kellybelly333
on 6/26/14 11:11 pm - Toronto, Canada

Barb, I lost my invite to your party. I can just show up right? I won't eat much...I promise! :-)

My tapering/carb-loading has begun for my Ironman next Sunday. OH MY GOD!! I keep getting tears thinking about it. Dammit, I shouldn't type these things at work. 

Anyway....I am finding the increase in carbs, and the decrease in exercise difficult, as I have gained a few pounds already. I know it's what is supposed to happen, and I need this for energy and such, and I should just mind my own beeswax and stay off the scale, but alas, I cannot. 

With that said, I've started doing mindful meditation daily, and I do feel much more aware of my intake, and the good it's doing. 

I haven't decided what is for dinner, but here's what I have so far....more carbs than protein...so weird

B: steel cut oatmeal with brown sugar splenda, watermelon

S: premier protein

L: chicken and edamame and quiona salad

S: cherries, laughing cow and ryvita

D: ??

Totals before dinner - Cal: 866 Carb: 95 Fat: 19 Protein: 76 Fibre: 18 Sugar: 42

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

aprilflowers
on 6/27/14 5:04 am - Canada
RNY on 01/06/12

I have been doing so well with my food intake and my exercise I feel fantastic. I lost a mere .8 this morning, despite being perfect all week. But I refuse to let that get me down. I feel good and I know I'm doing well.

So today is the last day of school, and the school board treated us to chinese food. Then I'm going camping this weekend. So I'm annoyed that I'll be off track this weekend. But I spent 120 bucks at the grocery store on healthy foods and snacks. Why do I always feel munchy when I'm camping? Plus the alcohol. Oy! I'm driving up myself so I can come back Sunday. Everyone else is staying until Tuesday but I can't do that to my body.lol

B: greek yogurt, alpen musli, blueberries, chia, matcha
S: almonds (the staff all had these coconut squares)
L: I had a protein bar and a little plate of the chinese brocoli, couple of shrimp and some noodles. Threw out the rest of the plate
S: apple, and likely another protein bar while I frantically get ready
D: chicken kabob and some of the veggies from the veggie trays I picked up for the weekend

For snacks for the weekend I have kale chips, veggie trays, apples, quest protein PB cups, a jar of PB. I will also be drinking wine (I seriously have 5 bottles from staff and students as parting gifts)

Wish me luck folks! Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

Most Active